IGNORED

What putter are you using?

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What putter are you using?

• Yes!
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Odyssey
    • PING
    • Guerin Rife
    • Scotty Cameron
    • TaylorMade
    • Other

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same design, different metals, different brands, different price tags.

Which is the exact same as my Lynx. I love that style, but the other models are very wide, and they look too bulky. My Lynx is a shorter blade, and is quite a bit less chunky looking. I like a smaller putter head.

I've owned a number of Scotty Camerons and one Bettinardi over the years but this year I started collecting Ping Ansers and now own seven of them. My current favorite is a G5i that I used just yesterday to drain a 35 foot putt for birdie. That one will be staying in the bag.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Wilson Staff 8882. Same basic blade design as the old 8802. simple heel shafted blade. no weird angles, shapes, graphics, or other distractions.

The heel-shaft excepted, those are the same qualities that attracted me to the Circa 62 No. 1 -

Wilson George Low Original 600 - basically a copy/repro of the Geo Low Sportsman. I have used this putter for 30 years and it is still my main putter. I have made (and missed!) a lot of putts with this old stick.

I have an Anser 2 and a Zing 2 that come off the bench from time to time.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Meaning different feel. Plus the one on the bottom has a good resale value, so when people start talking about price it really is irrelevant.

Exactly right. I always liked the PIng Zing, and had many different ones through the years, ending with the Redwood series. Got hooked on Scotties and found the new Laguna 1.5 clearly superior to the Zing Redwood. Tried to sell on EBAY the lightly used Redwood (back in 2008 when they were a new release selling for $250) for $150, had no takers and ended up trading it in at Golfsmith. Sold one of my more used, lesser Scotties (Circa 62') for $159 buy-it-now to get some cash. Took about an hour to sell.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Wilson George Low Original 600 - basically a copy/repro of the Geo Low Sportsman. I have used this putter for 30 years and it is still my main putter. I have made (and missed!) a lot of putts with this old stick.

Do you still have the original leather grip on your George Lowe? What kind of shaft is in there? Mine has a stock Ram shaft, and it's in pretty nice shape, so I wonder if it's a reproduction. I picked it up from a guy working in a pro shop about 15 years ago.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4987 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!