IGNORED

Following the line.

ben619
Note: This thread is 6414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've recently sorted out my swing. And the guy told me to follow the line on the follow through, but sometimes I try too hard to follow the line and mess up the shot. Is there any tips I can use to just follow the line naturally?

...the guy told me to follow the line on the follow through...

I took quite a few lessons in the past and this term never came up

The natural motion is for the club to come in to the inside of "the line", I can't imagine trying to follow it at all... Was "the guy" a teaching pro?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The line is only about 22" long 4-6" behind the ball and 7"-10" in front. If you can keep the face square thru that hitting zone the ball should go straight, no matter how fast you swing. Most people will be open or closed 1*-3* and thats why we have a fade or slight pull.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I really hate the term, "down the line." I also think it's bad instruction which can rob you of consistency and proper contact.

The golfswing is a circle, around your body, even guys with upright postures (Monty, Jim Furyk, Fred Funk) are still moving the club in an arc from inside to inside, and it's only tangent to the target line for an instantaneous moment.

I'd find another coach or person to give you tips. Their swing might "feel" down the line, but if they're any good, it won't be truly down the line. They're simply not communicating this feel in a proper way for you to understand it.

I really hate the term, "down the line." I also think it's bad instruction which can rob you of consistency and proper contact.

And you would commnicate this feel, HOW?

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Note: This thread is 6414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!