• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • This snuck up on me. Maybe it's because I've got daddy issues and never remember Father's Day ever since he told my mom that he didn't have the time to see me more often....   Let's go anyone but Scheffler! Or Brian Harman! Or....forget it, the list is too long. (Grrr it won't let me capitalize "the" in the title)
    • Day 170: 6/10/24 Indoor chipping. Taking it easy on my right elbow.
    • Day 88. Two 10 minute sessions working on full swing technique into the net. Didn’t feel great. Not sure if I’m just off today or if it was because I’m learning to move slightly differently, which would be a good thing. 
    • Did chest and shoulders today. I'm really enjoying how this mass building workout is getting me to feel so much stronger. I've gone up in weights on most lifts quicker than I have in previous workouts. While my goal is really to get more fit overall, lean muscle mass will go a long way towards reaching that. I really want to start the couch to 5k running program as well.  I had done that once many years ago and it just stripped fat off of me. Even losing close to 100 pounds the last couple of years, my belly is still soft and protruding a bit.  Going to try and play 9 on Wednesday but a few things need to fall into place for that to happen. Hope I can continue the better ball striking I experienced my last time out. Details to come lol. 
    • I am a little late on the posting of this topic, but with the big event almost here I thought it would be interesting to explore. In late April, we hosted a local qualifier and the FSGA came out on behalf of the USGA on 2 occasions to scout tees and pin positions (they had notes from the last one 6 years ago). The course ended up playing just under 7000 and they did bump down some of the par 3s to play at 210, 205, 185, and 170 (they can all be from 195-230). They wanted the greens fast, but not US Open fast (I think they wanted 10.8 to low 11s). The FSGA guys picked the pin placements and made sure it was a good balance for a very great test of golf. The medalist was -3, three were -1 and even par got you into a playoff.  How do you think your course would hold up to pros showing up to show off their skills to go to the next stage?  Here is a video highlighting one person's experience followed by a few photos of Tiger scoping out the course with Charlie during his practice round. All in all, it was a great day and I felt that the course held its own as only 4 golfers (out of 80) broke par.  

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...