IGNORED

Another good new course in N DFW

Note: This thread is 5103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just played The Bridges in Gunter TX. http://www.bridgestexasgolf.com Really nice new course--five sets of tee boxes, bentgrass greens, hardly any houses on the course. Today's round was $45 including cart, range balls, and lunch. What a bargain.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

We have a glut of courses in the DFW metroplex. During the golf and property boom of the last 15 years, so many courses have been built around here. This particular Fred Couples signature course was constructed at the end of the boom (not the best timing for the developers) and I only saw a handful of houses built on it with many empty lots for sale (my guess is that these are the original spec houses built for viewing/selling purposes). I didn't see any houses under construction. Because of the huge supply of golf courses, competition for golfers is intense. On a weekly average, I can find about 30 golf coupons posted on different websites for golf bargains.

Hole 18 was tough, especially into the wind. My tee shot went exactly where I aimed, but went too far and landed in the inlet between the two fairways (played from the white tees with my dad). In order to reach the far fairway from the whites, you'd have to hit a 280 yard carry tee shot, from the blues (where I usually play) you'd have to hit a 300yd carry tee shot. The tree in the middle of the far fairway makes the hole exceptionally difficult. If you lay up off the tee, the tall tree is in your direct line to the green. Brauer and Couples designed the hole so that going for the green in two carries extreme risk.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!