IGNORED

My Swing (se7en)

se7en
Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Earlier this year I drilled on initiating down swing by sliding. Since then I only played once or twice in a month and now my upper and lower body are completely out of sync.

I plan on fixing this during my upcoming hibernation.
Any inputs are appreciated!

S82 staff bag:
 910 D3 8.5 PX 7A3 | 909h 15&19 VooDoo S

MP-62 3-PW KBS C-taper S+

8620-DD 53 | 8620-SS 58 KBS Tour S

Select Notchback

Not a bad looking swing at all, it took quite a few views to start to see things slightly out of sync.

I did notice some strange lower body movement happening, which could be contributing to what you are feeling. At :04 prior to starting your swing, you make a strange lateral move away from the ball. Then it's all arms and shoulders with a pretty good delay until your left knee and hip begin to turn. When they do, it's minimal. I think it's possible that this sliding move away with your hips is creating space and allowing your lower body to get lazy on the backswing rather than turning earlier in sync with your upper body.

I'd work on keeping the weight on the inside of your right foot as your start your swing, perhaps even incorporate a slight forward press to initiate your swing if you need help starting things together.

Best of luck.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

You are absolutely right, I do have old habit of lateral take away, used to be the whole body :(

It indeed feels much better if I concentrate keeping the weight on the inside of my right foot but then again the more I think about the weight the more my lower body locks through the release.

S82 staff bag:
 910 D3 8.5 PX 7A3 | 909h 15&19 VooDoo S

MP-62 3-PW KBS C-taper S+

8620-DD 53 | 8620-SS 58 KBS Tour S

Select Notchback

You are absolutely right, I do have old habit of lateral take away, used to be the whole body :(

If you ever have the chance, go see Danny Moore at Willamette Valley CC in Oregon.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 4955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!