IGNORED

SKLZ Vari-break putting green

Note: This thread is 5021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really need to improve my putting so nyone have tried it or have experience with SKLZ.com products? How do they compare to the Big Moss putting green?

I did try to order the big moss (before knowing about the vari-break) but they do not ship to canada, i don't know the reason.

Tanx.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It seems that no one have tried this putting green, so I'm gonna be the one who tries it, I'm gonna pull the trigger and report back if I like or not. Regards,

• 1 month later...

Here is my review :

Pros:

1-The putting green feels like a putting green.

2-There is really a difference in speed from one side to another (downgrain or not).

3-It is a good price/quality ratio (at least for me).

Cons:

1-It takes a while to be able to sit the putting green flat (because it was rolled in the box and wants to roll back to it's previous form).

2-The foam to create breaks seems to be a little cheap, but does work.

3-There is a travel bag for the putting green, but I never want to roll it again (see 1).

I don't understand the need or desire for break in a small artificial putting green for home.    Good putting comes from having an accurate, predictable, and repeatable putting stroke plus an ability to assess the green conditions to determine the direction and pace.    Grooving your putting at home is all about the stroke, so learning how to hit the ball on line time after time is what you really need.    No small artificial green like the SKLZ is going to teach you how to read the grain, drainage, slope, etc. on a real green - all it can really do is let you make curving putt after putt, but this has no real positive benefit on really playing.

Personally, I'd just get a nice straight consistent practice putting strip and work at grooving the stroke.    Then learn to take that stroke onto a true practice or real green to improve the other parts of your putting.

Note: This thread is 5021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!