IGNORED

To ebay or not to ebay?

Note: This thread is 6359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pay with Paypal when using Ebay whenever possible. If your equipment turn out to be fakes, you can get a refund almost 100% of the time, just explain the situation.
Introducing The Weapons:

Driver- | R5 TP, Aldila VS Proto Shaft
3Wood- | R7 3.15
2Hybrid- | TP Rescue Dual, Fujikura Banzai Shaft3U- | 3U RAC TP 19, Grafaloy Prologic shaft Irons- | R7 CGB MAXWedges- | TP 58,56,52Putter- | Rossa Imola TP 34Ball- | TP Red on Normal Cond, TP Black When...

Just took the plunge and purchased a 3-PW TaylorMade R7 iron set on eBay and they're genuine (whew). I asked previous buyers if they've successfully registered the serial number on their clubs and they all did.

They came in TM packing material, had the serial number imprinted on the top of the box (matched the sn on the 7 iron), and even called TM myself.

So... I'm a very happy owner of new irons! Thanks to all for sharing your stories...

Dave

Any opinions on golfetail on ebay?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

Check out his negative/neutral feedback on toolhaus.org:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by It looks like the common theme is that he has poor communication.

In my bag:

TaylorMade R7 Superquad - 11.5 deg - Diamana Whiteboard 63-S
Tour Edge Exotics - CB2 16 deg - Diamana Redboard 73-S
Taylormade V-Steel 24 deg - Diamana Redboard 83-STaylorMade R7 XD - 5i-AW Project X 6.552 deg Miura Forged Raw56 deg Fourteen MT-28/56V3 60 deg - Fourteen MT-28/60V2 P...

I'm not surprised though, with 57659 items baught or sold. Doesn't look like they have time to communicate.

Tommy J

In My Bag:
TaylorMade 510 8.5˚ Driver
TaylorMade 19˚ Rescue MidWilson Deep Red Fat Shaft 1, 3-SW IronsCleveland 60˚ WedgeCleveland 14˚ RescueOdyssey 2 Ball PutterSrixon AD333 or Titleist NXT Balls

I bought my TaylorMades from

ProShopOutlet , but when I look at my UPS shipping notification, it says: ***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and GOLF ETAIL will not receive your reply. This message was sent to you at the request of GOLF ETAIL to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS. The package(s) may not have actually been placed with UPS for shipment. To verify when and if the shipment is tendered to UPS and its actual transit status, click on the tracking link below or contact GOLF ETAIL directly. So I'm wondering if they're affiliated. Not sure, but I can say that I've been extremely satisfied with my TM R7 Irons from ProShopOutlet. Dave

I have bought many items on e-bay......
and not once have I been disappointed in 4yrs...
if the seller is 98% and up and from the usa
with at least 100 sales or more you will be ok.....
I have even bought from some that only had
like 25 sales and had 100%feedback and it worked...
e-bay has some incredible offers and as long as you
know what you want or need you will be ok......
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

I bought my TaylorMades from

This is not an issue. UPS generates this email to let you know the package has been entered into the system. Usually you will have a tracking # in about 24 hours after you receive the email....

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

This is not an issue. UPS generates this email to let you know the package has been entered into the system. Usually you will have a tracking # in about 24 hours after you receive the email....

Understood, but why would UPS refer to GOLF ETAIL in it's message body when I purchased from ProShopOutlet?

Dave

Understood, but why would UPS refer to GOLF ETAIL in it's message body when I purchased from ProShopOutlet?

A common reason - 'doing business as - d/b/a'. On ebay they may call themselves ProShopOutlet, but actual business name may be GOLF ETAIL. The real name was probably used for registration with UPS, credit card issuers, etc.

I am not defending these guys, just a possible explanation as I've had the same thing happen to me....

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

• 4 weeks later...
I have bought many, many sets on ebay w/out a problem, however you should always get a photo of the face of the iron to see how much sweet spot wear. When I sell something I always have supersize photos available so there are no surprises.

I have bought a few clubs on Ebay now, and every one of them have arrived just as advertised. The sellers feedback plays a big role in my descision to bid.

The only thing that has burned me was the UPS brokerage fee I got nailed with bringing a wedge from the US to Canada. But that was completely my fault for not investigating the shipping procedures. Now I shop strictly in Canada so I dont have to worry about any kind of Customs/Brokerage fee.

I love ebay though. there are some fantastic deals to be had, and I definitely dont mind playing with gently used second hand clubs if its means hundreds of extra dollars in my pocket. You just have to know what your looking for.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

I actually just sold 3 Mizuno wedges on Ebay (Sale price was $181 and change shipped) and just received positive feedback from the happy new owner. (I tried to list them here for $135 + shipping, but apparently didn't meet the selling criteria on this sight).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4327&rd;=1&rd;=1

I re-tooled my golf bag with all my purchases made on the bay, and couldn't be happier! '06 Mizuno MP60's irons (4 & 9 irons used on a driving range once, the rest were still wrapped in their original packaging) New driver and Scotty Cameron putter as well. (Each at an unbelievable price).

Ebay has certainly worked for me!

In My Bag:
Driver: M-500 9.5° (Aldila NV 65-S Shaft)
Irons: MP60 3-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled Chrome 54.10/60.04
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 Ball: Pro V1x

I've bought almost all of my golf equipment on eBay. You need to know what you're looking for and don't buy impulsively. I've only been playing golf for 6 months and the deals I've made on eBay have allowed me to try different types of clubs without spending a fortune. Also, if you buy corrrectly, you can resell what you don't like without losing any money. I actually bought a new driver, used it for a couple of weeks, and resold it as a used club for about $20 more than I paid for it new! It's all about the photos, presentation, and having a great feedback score.

Note: This thread is 6359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!