IGNORED

Central Illinois golf

tgwise
Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hopefully it will quit raining sometime today and dry up at least some by Saturday. Rained most of the night while I was at work last night and still raining today, probably at least 2-3 inches over the last 24 hours.

I should have added this to the last post but I was curious and looked up your Stone Creek. I wish i lived a little closer, im about 100 miles from Champaign, i see for their winter rates its $25 for 18 w/cart, sounds pretty reasonable for what appears to be a very nice course.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Not to turn this into a Stone Creek thread, the course is nice. It is so well kept. My friends and I joke that the rough on this course is like some greens we've been on. It is a wide course. It is a good design. Even when busy you don't get the feeling of being crowded. But I rarely play it during full price season. I'll travel 30 minutes and spend half the amount.

Hopefully it will quit raining sometime today and dry up at least some by Saturday. Rained most of the night while I was at work last night and still raining today, probably at least 2-3 inches over the last 24 hours.

Only 25 with cart for Stone Creek?? I might have to check it out when I get back in town. I might be able to talk some of my buddies to play if it stays in the 40's...

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

I was able to get in 9 holes today. Played terrible, should've stayed at home. Weather was not too bad. Just didn't have it today. Going to go again tomorrow though.

Driver:Titleist 910 D2
3 Wood: Titleist FT Fairway Woods (Old club)
Irons: Callaway Hot X-24 4-PW , SW
Putter: Odyssey Two Ball
Ball: Bridgstone e-6

I am going to try and get a couple rounds in today and tomorrow while I am here visiting the inlaws down by Vandalia...

Was able to get out today again and play 18. Got kinda of a gift today. Arriving at the golf course several people were out playing, lots of cars in the lot. I got up to the pro shop and door locked. I thought, it's only 11:00 wheres the pro. I looked around and could find no one. A foursome on two so I went ahead and tee'ed up and played. Apparently he just took the day off. When the course is closed they take the pins out. Gotta be honest, I didn't feel comfortable, kept looking over my shoulder thinking someone would pull up wanting paid. It's a city course so I figured someone would come around but never happened. Anyway, had a decent day, the weather was not too bad, not too windy. Going tomorrow also, suppose to be warmer. The wife is going too.

Was able to get out today again and play 18. Got kinda of a gift today. Arriving at the golf course several people were out playing, lots of cars in the lot. I got up to the pro shop and door locked. I thought, it's only 11:00 wheres the pro. I looked around and could find no one. A foursome on two so I went ahead and tee'ed up and played. Apparently he just took the day off. When the course is closed they take the pins out. Gotta be honest, I didn't feel comfortable, kept looking over my shoulder thinking someone would pull up wanting paid. It's a city course so I figured someone would come around but never happened. Anyway, had a decent day, the weather was not too bad, not too windy. Going tomorrow also, suppose to be warmer. The wife is going too.

did you play in springfield today? wow that must of been cold. its was like 33 degrees here, I think it was the same in springfield, only an hour and 15 mins from me

Yeah, it was 39* Didn't feel bad though. Had fun. Going again today.

Got out today. Bit more breezy than anticipated. Ended up playing a 9 hole par 3, Legends of Champaign, instead of big boy golf at Stone Creek. My buddy couldn't get away for 18 so we played a quick 9 on par 3. A couple of the smaller ponds were frozen over. Kind of funny to see lost golf balls sitting up on the ice in the middle of the pond. Found a use for the chipper - to see if we could chip to dead center. Our luck was that we ended up playing behind the only other people playing the course when we were. The three of them had two sets of clubs between them. We entertained ourselves curling on the ice so they could get ahead of us. It would have been perfect if it weren't for the wind which was quite stiff at times. I send the ball left as it is. Playing wedges and 9 irons on the short par 3 holes really gave the wind a chance to grab the golf balls.

The wife and I got out today. It was at a high of 52. It really wasn't bad. The wind gust only a few times but it was playable. Probably the last time out this season as the forecast shows it being wet and cold coming up. Anyway, in another section here I commented on playing the Bridgestone e6. It was perfect today. I played the entire 18 holes with the same ball I started with. It is a great ball and not over priced. I played very well today and the wife is really playing well too.

Played today in Ramsey (at the inlaws), and it was pretty nice out... I hope to play again tomorrow before we head back home to Champaign. I am trying to talk some people into playing Stone Creek Sunday morning sometime but I have no idea how the weather is going to be.

I dreamed about playing yesterday. And yes, I know I am not central IL but it was near 50 degrees! Unfortunately I was driving home from WI most of the afternoon.

Got out and played Ramsey again before heading home, nasty misty rain but had fun!

Just got off the course bout 45 min. ago. Perfect timing. Ran out of light, was starting to snow and finished 2 over. Stupidly, was one of my better ball striking days of the year. Short game was the bomb too, with frozen greens! Couldn't help but laugh through a lot of the round. Great late day golf!! Can get wintered in now (and sounds like we might) and feel good about it.
Callaway Hyper-X Tour: 9.5
MacGregor MT: 15
MacGregor MT: 18
KZG ZO's: 3-PW
Scratch JLM: 53, 58Snake Eyes 'best cheap putter' fired my Cameron and Mills!Srixon Z-Star X

Ended up playing 18 at Frankin County country club West Frankfort last sat, shot a 51(ugh) on front nine but a 44(ok) on back for a 95. Played 9 Sunday at Mcleansboro, shot a 46 so ok. Didnt play again until today I played the front 9 at colonial and shot a 44. Was about 45 deg but no wind so was managable but wouldnt want to play any colder. Hope to play there again tomorrow, should be about the same but turning colder Sunday and through next week so might put the clubs away for a while, possibly warmer by next weekend.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I was actually able to get out and play yesterday, the 10th. Temps made it's way up to 45* without much wind. I feel as though I was lucky being this late into December. Got thru 14 before temps started dropping. The course I played was in great shape (Edgewood CG in Auburn,IL). $20 with cart and play all day. I used Bridgestone e6 balls which worked pretty well, I used the same one thru 10 before losing it. Thats the thing about Illinois, if you don't like the weather here just wait 10 minutes because it changes that often. Today were expecting a few inches of snow. yuk.

Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!