IGNORED

Lack of Junior Love

Note: This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This may seem more of a rant than a thread so apologies may be in order ahead of the post. I have a junior golfer (10 yo) that practices on a routine basis. He wants to get better at his game and is willing to putting the time to achieve his goals. I'm sure, no, certain, he his not alone in his prepubescent zeal for the game we adults play which leads me to the topic. Why does it seem that the golf industry (big box stores, club manufacturers, courses, etc) seemingly cutting it's nose to spite it's face when it comes to the future of our sport? There are plenty of companies that make junior clubs but not full sets for competitive play. US Kids Golf is really the only manufacturer of full sets that I know of. When companies do cater to the junior market (Orange Whip, Tour Sticks) our Big Boxes will only carry adult models. I've taken the boy to a short 9 and been told by the starter to make sure he keeps pace. Fine, until you see groups of adults duff their drivers off 1 tee. Where's the starter with all his condescendence then? This is a Muny. A Muny I play often. A course for bogie golfers where there someone can card a 10 on 4 holes. A beginners course. Should a junior be made to feel like he's a burden to the players behind him before he even tees it up? Again, I know that there are many places and companies that see the market, demand and, thankfully, the importance of catering to our young aspiring players. Kudos to them for maybe having some forethought. I just wish more companies would. Comments?

When I was considered a junior I got treated like crap. Starters assumed I could play, didn't know the rules/etiquette, and there is a huge gap in golf clubs between junior sets and adult sets. If I have time later I'll elaborate but there really is a lack of willingness to grow the game by a lot of golf courses. I've seen more adults make trouble at golf courses than I have kids.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!