IGNORED

The Best Grip?

Big Don
Note: This thread is 6365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the past I have primarily used an interlocking grip. However, I have been experimenting with different grips during the last few weeks and have found that the so called "baseball grip" enables me to release the club more consistently giving a better contact with the golf ball. This has enabled me to hit the ball longer without any extra effort. Anybody else had similar experiences?

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Honestly, there is no "best grip" for all golfers.

Its going to change from person to person. Two of the top tour players use different grips. Tiger uses an interlocking, and Furyk uses an overlapping.

You just gotta experiment and stick with what works best for you.
In The Bag

Sumo 13* w/aldila NVS stiff
BB 2004 3wood
Boxer 3,4&5 Hybrids A3 6-Pw CG11 52* & 56* 2 Ball Srt 33"Ball Nxt Extreme

I use the baseball grip, maybe because I grew up playing baseball.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I use the overlapping grip because after a few holes with the interlocking grip my pinky finger starts to hurt.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Note: This thread is 6365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!