IGNORED

My Swing (Mdiogo)

mdiogo
Note: This thread is 4837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well here it is guys...let me know what you think..all critique is welcome and appreciated

Driver taylormade.gif SLDR 12* Stiff Shaft Set Neutral
Woods- 4 Wood taylormade.gif R9 X-Stiff
Irons- adams.gif A3 Idea Steel Shaft
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 60* and 52*

Putter- Rife Antigua Island 31.5" with XL Grip

It's pretty tough to see what's going one due to the video quality...

Overall you're doing a lot of things pretty well. When you finish your swing, you're falling back instead of being stacked over your left leg. I think you need to rotate your left foot out a bit more, and that should help move all the way to the left.

At the top you're going a bit too far. It looks like you're loosing your right elbow. It's tough tell between the video quality and your dark jacket in front of the tree.

Top.JPG

Halfway down, things look mostly good. It looks like you might be chicken-winging your right arm. Do you sometimes have snap hooks. The right arm and elbow should feel something like skipping a stone. Your right elbow should stay somewhat in front of your rib cage, and the elbow should lead the hands. It's a big part to maintaining your flying triangle.

Halfway Down.JPG

Here your right heel is coming up and the chicken-wing is more prevalent. Your hips have stopped moving forward, which is why you're falling back at the end of your swing. Your initial hip slide forward is quite good, you just have to maintain it. Here are two great YouTube videos: One | Two

Impact.JPG

• Upvote 1

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

i really appreciate the in depth critique. i do sometimes have some snap hooks but it happens much less than my slices...i tend to just open up my club head on my downswing. been fighting it for a few years now. i have been told that when i swing it is quite obvious that i have swung a baseball bat for numerous years previous to picking up a golf club. i find that my follow threw is more of a baseball follow threw than a golf one. i feel as if i need to keep my arms extended rather than collapsing them after contact...does that sound about right?

Your right arm should actually stay flexed through impact, but the elbow should feel like it stays in front of you, like you're skipping a stone...

Ben_Hogan_dla.jpg

To get a better idea of what a chicken wing can do to you grab a club and do some slow mo swings:

• Halfway down let the right chicken wing come out. If you loose your elbow here you're going to have an outside-to-in swing, but you're going to have plenty of time to square the club up with your hands. Square clubface + outside-to- in = slice.
  • Make a new slow mo swing and maintain the right elbow and maintain an in-to-out swing. A few feet before impact let the chicken wing come out. Now the club face is extremely closed. Closed clubface + inside-to-out swing = crazy snap hook.

Your slice and snap hook are related. They're both caused by the chicken wing, but depend on when the chicken wing manifests itself. I fight this: I was a baseball player, but also had shoulder surgery a couple years ago and don't have the flexibility back yet. Keep working with it. I suggest buying one of these . You'll be amazed at how good and consistent your ball striking is when you wear it. It really enforces the feel of your forearms staying connected through the swing.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

i am going to check out those videos and work on the drills that they show. i am going to try and make it to an indoor range around my area and make a new video and post it up here..again i thank you for the advice

Note: This thread is 4837 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!