IGNORED

tavistock cup

dipgolf
Note: This thread is 6938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

it stinks that the misery of the players championship took a day away from the tavistock cup. that tournament is always fun to watch.
i've been trying to get a hat but they don't sell them online. i suppose i'm going to have to call isleworth or lake nona tomorrow to order one.

Yeah, luckily the weather is supposed to be good for today at the Tavistock Cup. I honestly have never heard of it before this year, but I kept seeing it on the Golf Channel. Then I did my preview of it here at the Sand Trap last night, so I learned a lot more about it by doing that.

It sounds like it will be a fun event to watch, and with the large purse, I'm sure the players will be playing very hard and will be very competitive.

I'm ready to see Charles Howell/Lee Janzen take on Annika and Ian Poulter. Howell and Janzen are two of my favorites, so that one will be fun. I'm glad the replay is coming on tonight on the golf channel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Wow, what an event! I watched all ten hours of it (and have the report to show it ). I'm not normally a fan of "made-for-TV" type crap, but this one elevated itself. It had 18 great players (34 majors between the two teams, something like 535 international professional wins), an exciting finish, and featured a course we rarely see and will most likely never, ever play.

Wow!

The Golf Channel had its usual mediocre coverage, including Jerry Foltz who described Tiger's 350-yards-on-the-fly, smack-in-the-middle-of-a-15-yard-wide-fairway drive on the last playoff hole as "way right." Their scoring system - a bunch of arrows pointing up, down, or sideways - was dumb. It gave no indication of by how much a player was winning or losing. Would "+2" and "-1" been better? I think so.

Wow! Some great golf, a great course, great shotmaking, and a great outcome.

Wow!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got to watch a couple hours of it last night, and what I saw was pretty darn good. It is always fun for me to watch Lee Janzen playing. I was hoping for a winner, but that is ok. Both teams played well enough for the tie, and they can settle it next year.

This event seems to be picking up some steam and really moving forward. Hopefully 5 years from now, it will really be an event the golf public looks forward to.

And hopefully, we get a 2 day event next year like it is supposed to be.

Note: This thread is 6938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!