IGNORED

Beginner and an instructions junky from Norway

Engervik
Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I'm a beginner from Norway, started playing last fall and during the winter we don't get that much days for golf in Norway :p I got my set on a trip to Houston like 8 years ago and enjoyed hitting some balls outside the house and sometimes on the driving range but not more than a few times a year. After I started early September, I've been hooked and as long as its not snow I'm at the range two times a week. I've changed by swing more times than I have been on a course and have a serious problem with reading and watching too much instruction videos. I had a decent swing a while back and hate myself for changing it, its very frustrating (shanks, poor contact and all over the place). Still, love the game :D

I'm stressed because in a week I'm going to Spain with two buddies for 3 days of golf and my game is way off.

Tin Cup fan but not a big caddyshack fan (dont hate me)..

Velkommen!

Nice to see a fellow countryman in here. I'm going on a trip to Spain the last week this month to play golf for one week, really looking forward to it.

Too much instruction can indeed be a problem, especially if you don't understand what they are talking about or why. I'd recommend gettin some private lessons if you have money to spare on it, good way to get some direct feedback. Online instruction is difficult because there are so many things that can go wrong in a golf swing. There are different causes for shanks, slices and pulls. So one tip might work, but the next 10 not so much.

Where do you live by the way?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hei Zeph!

I saw your swing a few days ago and felt like I had seen that view before :D I live a bit more vest, in Stavanger.

I have taken some lessons from a friend of mine. I had lessons during the "green card training" but that didn't do much for me. My buddy used to be in the pluss and won a few smaller tournaments in the US, he's about 3,4 now as he doesn't play as serious anymore. Everytime he helps me out I move a bit closer to where I need to be but I'll often change something and develop a new dumb error a few weeks later. My shanking is not that bad last week and this week, I only had two out of a bucket yesterday so I'm getting there just in time to pick up some other bad habit :p My plan was to get some training from an instructor in the area but I haven't been able to find one thats active before now and I dont want to change too much before my trip so i'll save the lessons for next month.

A week in Spain would have been perfect. We fly down on Thurday next week and back on Sunday.

Note: This thread is 4945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!