IGNORED

From 120 to 100. How long did it take you?

huskylawyer
Note: This thread is 2478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I started playing when I was 35.  Don't think or at least cant remember ever having a 120 but certainly many rounds between 100-110.  Took me almost a year to break 100.  Personally I think it depends on your athletic ability, practice, feel, lessons, etc on how quick you get to where you want to be.  Its a game that requires practice for most of us if you didn't start the game at a young age.

I started playing June 18th 2017 when i finished my Road to golf course here in Norway. I have had some good 9 hole rounds but never really been able to keep it up for 18 holes. 

Until this weekend. I shot 99 on 18 holes and wrote myself down to 26.1 in HCP. And I played 9 more straight after and ended on a solid 52 shots.

I have been playing ALOT over the first month tho, and aiming to go to a pro to get rid of my horrendous slice in the weeks to come.

130's to 90's in about 11 month's. On month 13 right now shot a 90, 92, 94, and a 99 in last 2 weeks. Keep playing and practicing you will get there, I know I have an 85 in me somewhere still looking for it.

Note: This thread is 2478 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• More actual thoughts on the articles: Oh boy. I taught 5SK, and before that, I was S&T certified. Those experiences, for many good instructors, are additive. They're not "all" that they are. If I were to go through Scott Cowx's certification, or Dr. Kwon's, or James Ridyard's, or whomever's… I wouldn't be a "method" teacher any more than I am now. I'd be adding tools to the toolbox. He says there are "system" teachers, "non-system" teachers, and method teachers. Which one am I? A "non-system teacher"? So, I don't have any systems or structure? Or am I a "system" teacher with a bunch of branches and if/then/else statements? I don't know. The physics thing as it relates to S&T… yeah, that's already been discussed. Huh? Brendan, sorry, that part is bogus AF. Of course the arms go "around" somewhat. It's back, up, and in. Down, out, and forward. Plus, again, "energy can either be created or destroyed" isn't even right, as many of you have said. It's "neither" and it can be transformed, too. Plus, as others noted, that's typically a closed system: in our bodies we transform sugars and other things to create movement, energy. I'm going to move off this before I get totally annoyed… "These are the pontifications of a method" — no, the specific example he cited is the way everyone who has ever played good golf moves their hands - back, up, and in. The clubhead moves that way, too. I've seen this happen. This part might be the most accurate part of the article (it's no longer clear whether he's talking about this fellow or just talking in general here.) "Now here’s the sinister thing: The overwhelming information is by design." — If the instructor is as incompetent as he says, he's likely not doing any of this "by design." He doesn't sound bright enough to do so. WTF does that have to do with anything? Probably happens to some extent sometimes, but is that the instructor's fault? Or the student for not recognizing it? Also, again, this instructor doesn't seem to be bright (not that this article even really talks about the instructor anymore), so… I doubt he's doing all of this intentionally. People are found out eventually. I'm at a point where I get a lot of referrals from people who have noticed their friends playing better golf, and ask. Or people want to brag about their improvements, and that sells their friends. "As a result, these players couldn’t play golf." — Huh? I think he just observed when he was there. Not that he went out of his way to watch. 😄 
    • I am dying..🤣 Can one of yall come and pick me up from the floor? 
    • If you can’t, attack it. That’s the new age ideology. 
    • Is it possible that he writer is full of shit himself? "After months of listening and watching...". Yeah right, cuz that's so normal for writers do that just to get a single article out of the massive endeavor. I mean unless you are angling for a Rant-Pulitzer (Yup, it is a thing.. like, totally). 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...