IGNORED

Need Help

Note: This thread is 4767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have played 4 rounds this year and it has been horrible. I was really looking forward to this season and now do not know if I want to continue playing. Out of the blue my right hand started to pass my left right at impact. Which has led to all kinds of horrible mishits. It looks as though I am a beginner just learning to play. I can take wonderful practice swings but add the ball and it is a crap shoot. The more I try to fix it the worse it gets. The only thing I did different this winter was working out by doing P90X. Something feels out of sync. Any ideas?

In the bag.
Driver- Callaway X-Hot 10*
Woods- Callaway X2 Hot 15*
Hybrid- Callaway X-Hot 19*
Irons-Ping G20 4-GW  Wedges- Ping iwedge 56*,58*  Putter- Ping D67 IN   Ball-Callaway Tour-ix

It sounds like you are using your right hand to much through impact. Try using a double overlapping grip to make the hands work more like one unit.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Bogeyman68

I have played 4 rounds this year and it has been horrible. I was really looking forward to this season and now do not know if I want to continue playing. Out of the blue my right hand started to pass my left right at impact. Which has led to all kinds of horrible mishits. It looks as though I am a beginner just learning to play. I can take wonderful practice swings but add the ball and it is a crap shoot. The more I try to fix it the worse it gets. The only thing I did different this winter was working out by doing P90X. Something feels out of sync. Any ideas?

I doubt P90X had any affect on it. I still do it to this day, and I play off a 2.

Try to relax first off. Second, remember, the body starts the downswing. Just let your arms fall back into place. My guess would be your swing path is it out of whack and you have a bit of a OTT move. Have any videos we can look at?

The P90 had nothing to do with it...sorry.

I SWEAR I'm not a shill for this guy, but consider these two  'tips':

http://www.peakperformancegolfswing.com/golf-swing-tempo/

http://www.peakperformancegolfswing.com/cure-for-fat-shots/

These two short lessons have probably made a 70% plus impact in my better ball striking in this young season.

In addition, this image can NOT be beat (KUDOS to delav for this gem - give him a 'Thumbs UP'):

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/45005/wedge-trouble-from-the-fairway#post_586690

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

I feel like we should have a sticky that says "Post a video of your swing, otherwise we can only take wild guesses as to what the problem/fix could be".

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by walk18

I feel like we should have a sticky that says "Post a video of your swing, otherwise we can only take wild guesses as to what the problem/fix could be".

Just keep it copied and paste it when needed.

Note: This thread is 4767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!