IGNORED

Driver shaft question....

Note: This thread is 4769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay....so I recently went from a Titleist 909 D3 with the Aldila Voodoo shaft to a Taylormade Burner 2.0 TP with the Taylormade shaft that comes in the driver. My question is, is there anyone here that has tested this particular head with a different shaft? I was a huge fan of the Aldila VS Proto shaft that I had in my Titleist 907 D2 a few years ago, and I also have that shaft in both of my Titleist fairway woods. I am not super willing to just try out a new shaft, especially when I hit the current setup well. Just looking to see if anyone has had good luck with changing out the "Taylormade" shaft with a different brand (i.e. Aldila, UST, etc.). Thanks in advance!!!

Titleist 905T 9.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX V7)

Titleist 909F2 13.5* (Oban Devotion 7)

Titleist 906F4 15.5* (Aldila VS Proto 80-S)

Cobra S3 Pro Forged-M 3-PW (DG SL300's hard stepped)

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* & 60*

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Titleist 9.5 S83 Staff Bag

FJ Icon, Sport, and DryJoy's

Bump to the top!

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

I'm no expert, but I think it comes down to swing variables.  I too played a 909D3 with the stock Voodoo (stiff) and was fine with it.  Playing with a buddy a few weeks back who had just gotten the new Burner, I hit it a couple times on course and was hitting it past my 909D3 by 15 yards.  He then mentioned that he'd cut it down to 44.5" -- which I believe led to more consistent sweet spot contact for me.

I was considering doing the same thing but had an unused 2010 Burner Superfast head.  Based my swing info from previous time in the ball fitting monitor, I had them put a Pro Launch Red (cut to 45") in last year's Burner head and have seen nice results -- similar to what I got with the 2011 model Burner.

What's in the Bag:
Driver: Taylormade SLDR 12*
3-wood: Taylormade Burner 15*
Hybrid: Taylormade Burner 19*
Irons: Callaway XR

Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Newport Studio

Thanks for the response! I have not considered cutting my driver down. I have a fairly steep swing and stand pretty close to the ball as is, so a slightly shorter shaft may do me some good.

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Note: This thread is 4769 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!