• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark5

Graphite "A" Shafts on Wedges?

5 posts in this topic

I need the graphite for vibration reduction and not ball height/spin, or swing speed.

My wrists hurt (even with a clean hit) using my Cleveland  wedges with True Temper Gold's.  I'm playing graphite "A" flex on my Tiletist AP1's.  (I love the 45 and 50 that come with the AP1 set.)  For 56/60/64 I need my Clevelands. I hit them fine, it just hurts more.

I  wonder if the heavier head of a Cleveland on an "A" would make it too whippy.

"A" or "R"  ?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Some good players use lady wedges for better head feel.  Also the club is 1" shorter for better control. In the good old days when I could really play, I used a Harry Vardon that was built around 1949.  It had a dot face and the shaft was the first steel shaft covered with brown plastic to make it look like wood.  The shaft was so soft it was more like a junior shaft, but I could make it talk around the greens.  If I tried to hit it full it hooked bad, but from 60 yards it was deadly.

Also you might consider some of the softer Winn grips, they wear quick if your hands don't work well together, but the are great for absorbing shock.

Soft Winn Hero's are going on whatever shafts I switch to.  They are already on the Titlists and feel a lot better then the stock Golf Prides that came with the clubs.

Take a tip soft "R" or"A" shaft and tip it like 8 irom and cut to length from butt. I use graphite shafts in my irons- Some sets are soft tipped  "R" and some are hard tipped "A",but all wedges are tipped the same as my  8 iron in set(55* and up) The more loft on wedge the softer you want the shaft!!

Originally Posted by mlf16507

Take a tip soft "R" or"A" shaft and tip it like 8 irom and cut to length from butt. I use graphite shafts in my irons- Some sets are soft tipped  "R" and some are hard tipped "A",but all wedges are tipped the same as my  8 iron in set(55* and up) The more loft on wedge the softer you want the shaft!!

Thank You.....I never would have thought of that.