IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some simple goals:

Hi Andrew,

I like your number 4 goal. If I may offer some advice, just bring your boy out to the course and let him see the beauty and fun. My course lets me rent a cart and my son can come with me to watch, caddie and just fool around a bit. He's been doing this since he was 7 and I am hoping that when he gets a little older he will play more. But I'm in no hurry. Les in Winnipeg

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Stop playing with equipment designed for low handicapers
2) Accept I am a hacker and get myself a set of shovels
3) Using said shovels, bring handicap down to 10, so I can buy myself clubs I really like to look at

In the bag:

Hi Bore XL 10.5 deg
SZ fairway woods, 3 & 5
baffler 23 deg MX-25 4-P vokey 52 & 56 scotty cameron studio design 2Read my golf blog

Goal #1: hit more greens (currently at 38%)
Goal #2: eliminate 3 putts (currently at 11%)
Goal #3: shoot in the 70's (scored 79 once last year - ave. score = 85.73)

Ken

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

Here are my goals for '07:

1. Putt better. All too often strokes are lost on the greens, esp in my case. I went to the claw grip towards the end of last year. Helped out tremendously with my distance, much more comfortable.

2. Eliminate those horrible shots during the round. Erik touched on this in the beginning. I have probably two or three a round that get away from me terribly, I need to get rid of those.

3. Work on tempo . This was something I worked on last year towards the end of the year also, helped somewhat, really want to focus on it this year, helped my driving game alot.

4. Anti-Left game . What I mean by this is exactly how it reads. When things start going south for me I get the hooks. Im employing more of a weak grip this year to prevent this. In the past my grip got too strong. I forget who said this, I think Trevino, "You can talk to a fade but a hook wont listen."

5. Get my index to 6.0 . I show signs during the year of shooting in the mid 70's or am on my way to a low 70 round, then I will have a blow up hole. I have the potential, just have to become more consistent.

6. Practice, practice, practice, but with a purpose. Instead of beating balls at the range go there with a purpose. Sometimes I can get lazy with this, I need to stay focused and know why Im there.

There are probably more Im missing, but those are ones I can think of now. The weather is starting to break around where I live, cant wait to get out there and hit em.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

My goal is to play more. I am a very new golfer (got about 9 rounds under my belt). I would like to get where I flirt with breaking 100.

I recently got a set of Acuity clubs from Dicks. I know they are off brand - low end clubs but its better than nothing and I hope to be in a position to purchase at the least a decent set of irons. I am looking at irons first as I play them the most. Want to be sure not to get a set that are way above my level. Thats about it.

Andrew

Here are my goals for '07:

This is huge for me. I had several rounds last year where I was heading for a good score and all of a sudden I blow a gasket. In my first round of the year we played the back nine and I birdied 10 and 14 and lipped out a 6 foot birdie putt on the par 3 16th. I came to 17 at +2 and a great chance to break 40 for the first time on that course. Par on the back is 35. I pushed my drive behind some trees, but hit a perfect recovery shot. I used my 3 hybrid to hit a low fade under the branches that landed about 30 yards short on a nice lie in the fairway. All I had to do was make a nice little pitch to the green and worst case I leave with bogey. I proceeded to push skull my third long and right. I had to take an unplayable for my fourth. My fifth was a chunk. Number six was a skull shot that took off like a rocket and fortunately hit the flag. It still ended up 30 feet away. I lipped out number 7 and tapped in for a quadruple bogey 8. I now have to go to the 18th needing eagle for 39. It's a short par 5, but it starts with a dogleg left. I fade my driver so I have to hit my 3 Hybrid. I hit a decent tee shot but miss the green on my second. My eagle pitch never had a chance. I two putt for par and 41. Good round ruined by a 10 minute implosion. My card had 2 birdies, 4 bogeys, 2 pars and a quad.

It's kind of funny that I can still remember every single shot from those two holes. That was the last Sunday in March 2006.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

1) My primary goal for 2007 is to shoot in the 70's.

In order for me to achieve this I'm going to have these smaller goals:

A) When on the course, play the game and don't try to make changes
B) Focus on a smooth tempo instead of distance
C) Aim at smaller targets
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

2007 marks my 4th year of golf...my goals are to focus much (much) more on hitting shots, bunker play, playing holes backward...but mostly, introducing more friends, associates and family to a game that they can enjoy for life. My 16 yr old daughter had her first high school team practice today - she was thrilled with the 2-3 pure strikes out of ??? - it's what keeps us all coming back for more...the greatest addiction there is...

Im a newbie to this forum and this season will be my 5th season of golf. I managed to really improve last year and i hope to do the same this year...heres some goals...

Maintain my tempo
if im swinging well, i start swingin faster and everything starts going downhill. i really need to concentrate on trying to block this out of my game

Lower handicap to 2.9 or below

Win club championship
finished 2nd to the same guy 2 years in a row and would really like to win it this year.

Improve short game
at the moment i have a decent short game for the level of golf that i play, however, i would really like to develop it so that it becomes one of the strongest parts of my game. i'd like to be a bit more creative and be able to vary the shots around the green.

Play 18 holes More - I'm relatively new to golf but should be scoring better then I am. I believe this is largely due to the fact that I play with my wife, which I love to do but this means we only play 9 holes, and rarely get enough warm up time. So my goal is to continue to play with my wife but look for 2 opportunities each month to get out for 18, possible with one of my friends.

Practice more - but use driving range mats less. I love to practice but I don't get enough feedback from a driving range mat and I don't realize my faults until I'm on the course. There is a grass range a little farther away that should be getting more of my practice time.

Improve Up and Down Percentage - Work on short game and improve this statistic to 50%. This would have a dramatic impact on my game.

Scoring Goals - Break 90 at least once and consistently score in the 90s. As I mentioned I'm a newbie. I would love to decrease my handicap to around 20.

That would be a successfully year for me! I think those are realistic goals. Have fun!

In the bag
Driver: HiBore (10.5, graphite - regular)
Irons: MX-23 (steel - regular)
Wedges: Vokey (56, 60 degrees)
Putter: White Hot 2-Ball Blade

The golf season in my area dosen't start until mid April, so I still have a few more weeks until we play, but I am hoping to break 80 on a more consistant basis this year, and improve my short game.

I am hoping to go on a vacation again, I live near Prince Edward Island which has some amazing places to play, and would love to try out some new ones there. Good luck this year everyone

Goals:
Shoot 90 or better at least once.
Lower putting stat to below 2.
50% FW
33% GIR
Lower Par 3 avg score to at least 4. Long par 3's killed me last year.
Workout 5 days a week. Tired sore legs make for a bad shot!
Play 18 holes at least twice a week.
Practice putting at least twice a week.
Hit the range once a week.

I am soon to be 49 and this is just the start of my 4th year playing. Now that I finally broke down and had lessons, I think 90 is decent goal. Not too high but not out of reach either.

My goal last year was simple. Shoot 100 or better at least once. I shot 102 three times on three different regulation courses. If I would have played a regulation home course, I think this goal would have been met easily.

Here's to golf and goals!

Bag: Mizuno Twister
Driver: Taylormade R7 460 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 14 Stiff
7 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 21 Stiff
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19 StiffIrons: Mizuno MX 19 4-PW Do not use the gap wedgeWedges: Mizuno MP T 5308 and 5810Putter Yes CallieI can also choose between a 4 or 5 wood or MD...

Win Club Championships
I was runner up last year by a couple of shots after 4 very poor rounds.

Win Club Matchplay Championships
I missed out on playing in our matchplay championships last year due to work commitments. This year I have cleared my schedule and am ready to go.

Maintain Handicap Below 4
Next year (2008) I want to play in as many of our state level events as I can and I need to keep my handicap below 4 in order to be a chance of getting a start. In reality I need to be at 2 or below (almost there) to play in my choice of events so that is what I am really aiming for.

1.) Wedge game to be consistent from 100 yards in.

2.) Chipping around the green to be consistent.

3.) Shoot mid 70s regularly.
Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I think my goal for this year will be to get into the single digits. Never been able to do that and have pretty much been anywhere from a 10-12 hdcp for the past several years. Was real close a couple of years ago and last year I just didn't play enough golf.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I'm hoping to stay right at or right around par for the Summer. I'm planning on getting new Forged blades, so i'm thinking it may take a good season of playing to really get the hang of switching to a blade iron for the first time. Hopefully I'll they'll be nice to me ;) Thinking about Titlesit 695mbs... Scared to dump that much $ on my first set of blades!

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

Simple goals for a guy whose entire golf experience consists of two trips to the driving range and a thirty-minute lesson:

1. Enjoy learning this game.
2. Learn how to feel my clubs and feel good about most of my shots.
3. Hit a bag at the range twice or thrice each week.
4. Have a few more lessons.
5. Play at least three or four rounds a month (and keep the wife and three kids happy with that).
6. Talk golf on a regular basis with people I know who are good.

Note: This thread is 6045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!