IGNORED

Hello From Alabama

cruzthepug
Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just joined up and thought I would stop by here and say hello. I'll start with a little about myself, I'm 45 years old and while growing up I started playing golf in high school and played on the golf team then after school I continued to play as my main hobby up until about 10 years ago. Having developed several different hobbies over the years, golf got pushed to the back burner and I only played a few times a year. Well, this year I decided I was going to play more golf so to help motivate me I bought a new set of clubs. Last week I was on vacation and I either played or hit balls almost every day.

Even after not playing very much over the last decade, I could still pick up the clubs and shoot in the 80's, and after last week I've got the bug back. Over the last few years with my other hobbies I've learned that online forums are a great place for info on new equipment and to get tip and pointers. Anyway, I found this sight and joined up. My wife always says that I'm obsessive with my hobbies and that very well may be the case but I always try to have all the info I can for whatever I'm doing.

Being a little disappointed with my ball striking and not wanting to practice with any bad habits I've developed over the years, I stopped by my local range after work and lined up some lessons, my first one is tomorrow.

Originally Posted by hokiebound

Cool to see another one from Huntsville on here. Where did you get your lessons lined up at?

Madison Golf Center from Jimmy Taylor. Jimmy is training/intern to get his PGA card so his lessons are quite a bit cheaper than the other 2 teaching pros that work there. I thought I would give Jimmy a try to see how I like him, and if for some reason we don't mesh than I can always try one of the other guys. I'm hoping only a few lessons will get my swing back in-line.

Great lesson this afternoon. After only a few minutes Jimmy had me hitting my irons flush and my driver long and straight. I'm going to work on what we went over along with a couple of drills and see him again in about 2 weeks. Now if I can only take it to the course.

Note: This thread is 4905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!