IGNORED

Bandon lodging question

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm planning on a trip to Bandon this June, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money to stay at the resort.

It looks like most of the off-site locations are pretty spartan, motel 6-like places but they are a lot cheaper, something like $130 vs. $390.  A Bandon Inn is very close in price to staying at the resort, but I have not found much else beyond the cheapie motels.

We are planning on playing two rounds each day, and maybe even more if we aren't completely spent.

Is it worth paying to stay onsite, and if not, can anyone recommend any hotels or motels in the area?

Thanks.

In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

I am going to wait until next winter when there are deals to be had.

Keep us posted on what you decide and afterwards.

I stayed in Florence, about an hour and change north in a decent locally owned place by a bridge. About $100 a night. Worked out for me. It would be nice to walk to your room after the round but very stressless driving compared to a congested meto area.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How many in your group or just solo? Our foursome is planning a trip for next March and have decided on staying on-site and sharing the cost for one of the offerings. I think it came out to around $<100/night per person and we want to do 3 nights (drive up then 2 rounds each day then drive back).

Let me know what you find out.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

On second thought if you're playing 2 rounds you might want to pay extra to walk back to the hotel.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had the same dilemma when booking our trip. I'm currently a dental student so wanted to try and keep the costs down while ensuring I have the opportunity to play all 4 courses. I'm playing 2 days of golf and wanted to get as many holes in as possible (54+ each day). What I ended up doing was staying 1 night at the resort so I could book tee times the day of arrival and the day of departure. I booked the tee times back in Jan and was able to get the 2nd tee time at Pacific Dunes and then the 1st tee time of the day at Bandon Dunes the following day. For the days on each side of the golf we are staying at the Sea Star Guesthouse which saves nearly $175+ a night.

If I were to plan the trip right now for June I wouldn't stay at the resort because we are getting so close to the 21 days before the round where you can just book golf only without associated lodging. I guess I don't know if there was much benefit booking back in Feb either as I'm playing on a Wednesday and Thursday as a single so it might have been easy to walk on but as my first visit I didn't want to risk missing out on playing as much golf as possible.

• 2 months later...

So how was Bandon? Been twice. Last year. We had 8. We rented a house. That's way to go.  Much cheaper. Old Mac your favorite? What a place. I only saw your post just now so a tad late.  But share how things went on your trip.

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!