IGNORED

My Custom Fit and Built Edel Putter

Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes you. Would you say you improved your putting by 1-2 strokes per round?  More? Less? I couldn't care less about you pushing either of them or trying to sell them. I am interested in real world results.  As far as I am concerned this thread was about you showing off a new club you got.  Just like anyother TST member that got some sweet new sticks.

Originally Posted by iacas

Me?

I was a really good putter before. With AimPoint and my Edel I'm now an awesome putter. I play, too (not as often as I'd like) and haven't done a lot of pushing of AimPoint or Edel here on the site (that may change), and so I came to these not because it's something I can sell, but because the systems (for fitting and for green reading) made sense to me and are best-in-the-world quality, bar none.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by shades9323

Yes you. Would you say you improved your putting by 1-2 strokes per round?  More? Less? I couldn't care less about you pushing either of them or trying to sell them. I am interested in real world results.  As far as I am concerned this thread was about you showing off a new club you got.  Just like anyother TST member that got some sweet new sticks.

I can't really separate AimPoint and the putter. So I can't say what the attribution might be to each, but overall, yes, 1-2 strokes per round is about right.

But again, I was a very good putter (and green reader) beforehand.

And since I rarely play, it'd probably be more like 3-4 strokes if I was playing this little using my old stuff ("reading" greens + one of my Camerons) versus playing this little and using the new stuff. And I was a good putter before, again... I think that makes sense.

Anything inside of about five feet is automatic if I don't just make a stupid stroke. Anything inside of 10 feet is virtually guaranteed to be within about a ball's width of going in the hole. My ability to read longer putts is much improved, and the distance control I get now with the Edel helps to make sure they stop close to the hole or fall in with good speed.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to know that it's still standing up well. I'll just keep my eyes on the website for when (if) there ends up being UK fitters. At the moment my nearest is in Scotland which would equate to £100 air fare on top of whatever the fitting + putter is in UKP so not feasible in the slightest.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
Originally Posted by Jspangler

Is your putter backweighted? If so what benefits do you feel that gives you. I've read into it but haven't come across anyone that has done it.

Yes, but some people putt better with putters that aren't backweighted (weight under the grip).

The whole point of Edel putters is to find a putter that FITS YOU. Not to say "that might work for me" and try it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, but some people putt better with putters that aren't backweighted (weight under the grip). The whole point of Edel putters is to find a putter that FITS YOU. Not to say "that might work for me" and try it.

I was thinking of backweighting my wedges, I never really thought about it in a putter. I was just really more curious on what their thoughts were to back weighting

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Jspangler

I was thinking of backweighting my wedges, I never really thought about it in a putter. I was just really more curious on what their thoughts were to back weighting

It improves distance control and the stroke in people that it helps. In someone it doesn't help, it will do nothing or even cause issues/problems.

It improves distance control and the stroke in people that it helps. In someone it doesn't help, it will do nothing or even cause issues/problems.

Sounds good, thanks for the tip.

Note: This thread is 4055 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!