IGNORED

What is your worst moment in Golf?

ipark1303
Note: This thread is 6322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any ugly episodes?

I have several but the one that I can easily recall is the day that one of my fellow players got into a fight with another player from the foursome behind...

It was in 2001 at Harding Park, municipal course of San Francisco, CA.

We were standing on the 12th green and after finishing the hole, we were on our way to the tee box of the 13th hole (which is right behind the 12th green, and I really hope they changed the design in the last redevelopment!) A ball almost hit us and the guy who shot did not shout "fore" nor gave any other warnings.

One of my playing partners waited for the guy and warned him that he almost got hit by his ball and asked him why he did not yell "fore"... (as an impartial third party watching, I must admit that he asked him very politely)

The guy answered very arrogantly that he did not shout "fore" because he knew that the ball was not going to hit him!

My playing partner got mad and told him: "wow, you gotta be such as excellent player to know if the ball is going to hit me or not... then how come you did not put it on the green?!? @*! etc. etc. beep!@! *censored**!"

The two started to swing clubs at each other (it looked like an old movie of Musketeers and pirates!) and it got very ugly... I guess someone called 911

Well, it ended up that 5 police vehicle intervened with more than 10 policemen at the site. We had to go to the police station to testify the scene... thank God nobody got hurt but it was definetely the ugliest moment in Golf of my life!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Muskateers and Pirates huh? LOL. I would have paid good money to see that!!
After the situation was all said and done, i am sure you laughed your head off.
Thats funny.

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Driver: BB 454 8* Aldila nv65s
Fairway Wood: 3&5 Sport Stiff
Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

I am glad that we can laugh at it afterwards... but I swear... it was not pleasant to be at the spot!

one guy with the putter, the other one with an iron... swooshes everywhere (I can swear that if they hit each other, they would have done a lot of "damages"!!)

I really could not believe what I was seeing!

I have never thought golf as a "contact sport"!!! Sometimes, people take Golf too seriously!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I guess my worst moment in golf would be last year - I had a easy putt for birdie on the 6th hole at Sleepy Ridge and I totally muffed the putt. I was ticked and swung my putter at my ball, taking a 4 inch swatch of pristine felt right off the green. I was so pissed at my outburst, and even more embarassed that I ruined the green. I poured divot repair on it, sprinkled it with some water and left... but the following week it was still there as an eyesore.

I vowed never to lose it like that again.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Note: This thread is 6322 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!