IGNORED

My Swing (ncologerojr)

ncologerojr
Note: This thread is 4703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been striking the ball very well with great distance, but I have begun fighting a hook. I have tried adjusting my grip without much success. I am beginning to think that my swing may be to flat. Possibly caused by incorrect spine angle. I am not very tall (5'5") and I have always seemed to struggle with spine angle. Here is a quick clip I shot for some reference. This ball ended up with about a 30 yard hook. Thanks in advance for any advise/tips.

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

good news, you're not too flat. under plane, perhaps, but i can't really tell from the video. you could be flipping at the bottom of your swing.

Thx for the reply, I know it is not a great video. I ran out and shot it in frustration lol. I was hoping that my plane was not the problem. I am also questioning the offset on my irons possibly having a play in this. I currently play Callaway x18r's standard lie/loft and length and have been fighting this hook for a while. I noticed the hook really starting around the same time I started improving my ball contact. Since then I have played several rounds with my father's Taylor Made R7 TP's and I was not hooking the ball at all, I was mostly hitting straight shots or a slight draw. Could there be any truth to that?

Originally Posted by ncologerojr

. I noticed the hook really starting around the same time I started improving my ball contact. Since then I have played several rounds with my father's Taylor Made R7 TP's and I was not hooking the ball at all, I was mostly hitting straight shots or a slight draw. Could there be any truth to that?

yes... i would agree with this. my irons have pretty much the least amount of offset they make. and i have a rescue with quite a bit of offset and i can't seem to hit it straight for the life of me. i can take my three iron and hit three straight shots in a row, and with the same swing hook the daylights out of the hybrid. not quite sure why it's in my bag, really.

Note: This thread is 4703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!