IGNORED

Honestly, I hit it long

gjsuicide
Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangeclub

I've seen the stats on putting, but I don't remember exactly, but it doesn't seem to matter much whether the ball is 15 or 30 feet away.  Ten feet and closer does matter a lot, and it's the wedges that do that, not 7 irons.  Saw Dave Pelz on the tube talking about wedge play awhile back.  One year, Tom Kite got it up and down 82% of the time inside 100 yards.   I doubt if I get it up and down 82% of the time from 20 yards!

How many wins or Major did Tom Kite have that one year he got up and down 82%?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

How many wins or Major did Tom Kite have that one year he got up and down 82%?

The 1992 US Open and the Bell South Classic.  If we extend the period of play through February of the next year, we can add the Bob Hope Desert Classic, where he set the PGA 90 hole scoring record 0f -35, and the Los Angeles Open.  He was the first player to $6, $7, $8 and $9 million in career winnings, ie, for a considerable time, he was the all-time leading career money winner.  (I think we've strayed into talking about consistency versus length, here, but I could be going too far off thread...)

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!