IGNORED

What's your guess?

zebrasinamerica
Note: This thread is 6305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many of the young pro players (nationwide or PGA) did not play for a college? I am currently working my way towards trying to make it onto the Nationwide Tour and was just wondering what some of you guys thought as far as how many players take the college route and the route that I am currently trying to take.

Zebra

Also, how many players do you think are "floaters" (playing PGA and Nationwide events)?

Titleist 910 D2 10.5 Aldila RIP Phenom

Callaway RAZR fit 3 wood Avixcore 69 series

Mizuno MP650 19* hybrid

Scratch SB-1 DS 4-PW R+ C-Taper

Scratch 1018 DS 53 & 60

Low Tide Fin 

3UP 3F12

Im sure there are lots, I know Jonathan Kaye didnt. I hope you're well backed up financially. Anyways, I could careless how a person rises to play on any golf tour. Sadly, alot of the community frowns upon that sort of thing. And once you get good enough to become a pro you're going to have to start on the smaller tours like hooters, or canadian. Pay your own entry fees and housing. From what i hear its pretty rough. And if you're not good enough to make top 20's on the Nationwide tour u'll be making like 10,000 a year.

Im 22 now and i picked up the game when i was 18, If i started playing when i was younger id consider playing in tournaments, or becoming a cpga tour player. For now im just a recreational golfer and untill im scratch or better i wont even consider playing in any tournaments, except local charity events.

But yeah, I hope you're young because a 10 handicap wont cut it if your my age.. and have some good people around you to support your career financially. Im not one to say it cant be done or crush anyones dreams so good luck, cuz its going to be tough.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Hi

i tend to agree with Clubswinger21 on this

playing off 10 and making the tour any time soon is pure fantasy..i know people off plus 2+ and they can't make it ..id say that you have a 5 year project on your hands at least, but good luck anyway

trust me there is an abundance of talent out there that just can't make the grade, so my advice to you, unless you're loaded, is to find a career and play golf as well, as recreation, and if one day you're good enough then power to you!

bb69

you should go to college if for nothing else the education. a 10 ain't goin' nowhere in the world of tour golf. you have to be scratch to even put in an application to play in the us amateur. there are tours all over the world full of guys who can play with anybody (better than scratch), but they can't break through to the big show(s). i know 'cause i know some of these guys. it is tough out there. i am not completely sure but i think the only "floaters" out there are guys who lost their cards and get an occasional sponsers exemption or guys who (don't) monday qualify.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

Note: This thread is 6305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!