IGNORED

Recommendations for Whitewater WISCONSIN

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be in Whitewater Wisconsin on July 27-30.  I would appreciate any recommendation for good golf courses to play.  Price is not a consideration.  Just a beauty and the challenge of the course.

Thanks!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure about the Whitewater area but it might be worth it to go to Lake Geneva for your golf.

http://www.grandgeneva.com/golf_spa_ski/golf/index.asp

Alan

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Thanks for the link.  I checked it out.  It looks fantastic and it is only about 30 miles from White Water.

Don

Originally Posted by Yukari

I will be in Whitewater Wisconsin on July 27-30.  I would appreciate any recommendation for good golf courses to play.  Price is not a consideration.  Just a beauty and the challenge of the course.

Thanks!

If price is not a consideration and willing to drive there are many 5star course for you...

1. Whistling Straits

2. Erin Hills

3. Blackwolf Run

4. Grand Geneva courses

5. The Bog

6. The Bull

Just a few within 2hrs drive time...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Thanks for the list.  I did take a look at Grand Geneva courses per BigAl5150's post.  I would love to try to get on Whistling Straits.  I don't mind driving 2 hours for a round of golf.

Originally Posted by Shanker

If price is not a consideration and willing to drive there are many 5star course for you...

1. Whistling Straits

2. Erin Hills

3. Blackwolf Run

4. Grand Geneva courses

5. The Bog

6. The Bull

Just a few within 2hrs drive time...

Don

I am like 15 minutes from whitewater, and went to college there for 4 years, do NOT play whitewater country  club...oh wait...you cant...because its a 9 hole course that requires membership to play...yeah...stupid. Spring creek golf center is maybe 10 minutes north of town on Highway 89 that actually has 3 of the toughest par 3's in the state on it I believe, although spring creek is only a par 3 course.  Better courses in the area are, Delbrook GC in delavan (My home course, not bad, not amazing, parkland municipal, 27 holes and a short driving range/putting and chipping greens), Lake Lawn Golf Course (18 holes/range) in Delavan across the street from my work on Hwy 50, east side of town towards lake geneva.  In other areas, Hawks View golf course in Lake Geneva, Geneva National (Has 3 courses named after their designers, Palmer, Player, and Trevino) I've only played the palmer course and it kicked my butt, tough, good views....lots of ritzy chicago people houses. If you play Grand Geneva, the Brute is harder than the Highlands, but both have good views I hear. Whistling Straits will be a 3 hour drive for you from whitewater, and likely needs a reservation/tee time. It costs rougly $500-600 to play depending on how much you tip your caddie. I played both the Straits Course and Irish Course last year because I volunteered at the PGA, I wouldn't say straights is worth dropping 1/4 of my savings account to play it, but it IS beautiful, and surprisingly not that hard if you play from the correct tees. The Irish course was much harder to me...but my game wasnt on when I played it lol.   In Janesville there are 2 courses that I know of, Riverside which is where they have college tournaments, and blackhawk which is a municipal in one of the large city parks, never played either but blackhawk is cheap enough I'll try it some time when I'm in J-ville (every few weeks).  Evergreen Golf Club in Elkhorn is pretty good, 27 holes (like delbrook) no driving range though, most people who complain about delbrook cite evergreen as the better course, but I think there's a rivalry lol.  Milton has 2 courses too, I don't know the name of the nicer looking course, but avoid Bonnie Meade like the plague, it's some morons attempt at making a links style course out of a cow pasture...ground was hard as a rock, weeds are so deep you're not going to find anything and if you do, you'll break your wrist punching out :P  Alpine Valley's courses in East Troy are nothing special, it's known more for being a ski hill and outdoor concert amphitheater. Both courses were a pain to walk as you guessed it, it's in a valley, and many hills are up hill, down hill, side hill...etc (get a cart).  I think Koshkonong Mounds was somewhere near Fort Atkinson (north/northwest of whitewater) and that's where we played our High School Conference meets, not bad, don't remember much though...5 years ago lol.

Either way, you'll be driving to madison or sheboygan for ritzy/super nice courses. Almost every course in the area is WAY overpriced for what you get because it's a summer tourist destination for rich Chicago people who just shit money lol.  Hawks View didn't impress me a lot, Geneva National was pretty and all, but kind of overrated, and never played grand geneva but I hear it's decent.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Thanks for that summary.  I'll have to rethink Whistling Straits, if it takes 3 hours to get there.  That is six hours round trip plus about 4 to 5 hours for the round, and the whole day is gone.

Grand Geneva definitely seems like a place to check out, though.  I'll try the Brute course.

Don

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!