IGNORED

Help with new iron sets! Mizuno, Nike, or Burner?

Note: This thread is 3423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess I didn't look either, was just looking for mizuno posts, I've been thinking of some kind of split set for a while with the JPX pro's in the long irons and something a little more blade like in the short irons, maybe should have made it its own post.

• 2 weeks later...

JPX-800 and Tour version, plus Ping G15 and G20 seem to be useful for a wide range of golfers. Make sure you get the right shaft for whichever irons you choose. And, the best shaft for you in Iron A may not be the best one for Iron B - test shafts and head on launch monitor - and in the wild if possible.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a mixed set 4-7 with jpx 800 Pro, 8-pw in mp 59. The jpx800 is great but too strong on lofts on 8-pw than what I'm used to. Both can work the ball but especially with mp59s.

Note: This thread is 3423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Shot 76 last Thursday, but had a bogey on the par 5 12th.  Still don't have one this year, and running out of season...
    • I remember thinking something similar…
    • You must have an incredible hand eye coordination
    • and  While most par 4's I play are not this long, many I play do offer the same types penalties.  I have to agree with @iacas and go for the green knowing that I "may" have to play out a third from a bunker or rough.   For example, today on #11 at the course I was playing I had to decide similarly how to play it.  The hole is guarded on both sides at the front by bunkers and several knobs in the back.  I chose to go 3h instead of laying up as I am reasonably comfortable with where the ball goes and if it doesn't go well, I am okay hitting from green side bunkers.  Risk vs reward - where is the most to be gained?   For me, the hole did not play out as I planned as the 2nd was in heavy rough and the hybrid landed about 40yds short.  PW onto the green for a 2-putt bogie.  Would I play it that way again, why yes.  
    • Day 86 (21 Sep 21) - Played 18 today.  Some of the most consistent ball striking across the board - from irons to woods to driver.  Worked on keeping my pre-shot routine consistent (even adopted it for my chips/pitches in the yard), to do the same thing on every shot of every hole.  Also spent a couple of $ for a small bucket (22) of range balls before getting started.  Again - not rifling through in 2 minutes but rather about 20 minutes of warm-up work.  Really like doing that as I get a feel for the shot shape that is happening that day.  Also it inspires confidence in how the ball should fly.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. bkuehn1952
      bkuehn1952
      (69 years old)
    2. Bryan Kasper
      Bryan Kasper
      (29 years old)
    3. Greg Pickett Golf
      Greg Pickett Golf
      (66 years old)
    4. hobecorning
      hobecorning
      (79 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...