IGNORED

My Swing (Gnohymmas)

Gnohymmas
Note: This thread is 4693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hurt my back a couple of months ago and stopped golf for a while. When I returned, I found that my swing looks terrible now. I'm pretty happy with my backswing and downswing, but there is something wrong with the swing after impact, but I don't know exactly what. Tips are appreciated.

909 D2 -9.5 Degrees -Diamana BlueBoard
mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree
Cg 15 60 degreeOvation 3 and 5 wood Penta TP

By the way, my misses are usually a huge push or a huge pull hook. Is it something to do with my hips not sliding? I am extremely confused right now.

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

You are just using your arms to swing. Probably fixating on hitting the ball rather than swinging through and making contact in the process.

Work on your downswing pivot. Your shoulders and hips are still closed to your target line at impact.

Your hips should be open to your 'almost' open shoulders at impact.

So I should rotate my hips faster through impact?

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

I don't think you need to rotate faster. But you are hanging back too much on your right foot at impact. You need most of your weight on your left side at impact, especially with your irons. It's hard, almost impossible to get a hands forward, downward strike on the ball if all your weight is on your right side at impact. At the top of the swing, you need to bump your hips towards the target, then rotate, allowing your arms to drop down and swing through. Make a nice aggressive move with the hips, get that weight onto the left side.

Watch a side on view of any Tour Pro making a swing. Practically all of them make this move, with the hips shifting towards the target before the downswing is initiated from the top.

Study it, you'll get it. When you get that right you'll have a nice little swing there.

Edit :

This video is a good illustration.

See his left hip drive toward the target before they begin to turn? That's what you're missing.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Thanks! I'll go practice that today.

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

Note: This thread is 4693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!