IGNORED

My Swing (Sai-Jin)

Sai-Jin
Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Beach, got it. I met a pro today and I forgot to bring my phone, so no video.

However, he was telling me that I slide too much and I came in a little bit out to in.

We fixed that and all I did now is just rotate my hip aggressively and swing from inside to 1 o'clock.

THat actually made me hit my balls slightly right and draw it to the middle while I played today.

Now,,, sometimes the ball doesn't draw though and I wonder why it just goes right.

Any how, I'll go back to the course early next week and have my video ready at that time.

Thank you again, Beach.

No problem.  Great to hear you were able to make a quick change with your pro and get you hitting some draws.  Look forward to seeing your swing when you get it posted.  Sounds like you are investing in your game which is great.  So anything we can do to get you scoring would be sweet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, Beach and yes, this forum is full of nice people.

Funny thing is I actually start to invest in it 2 years ago when 3 old people from the embassy beat me senseless on the course on day 1 . =)

In the mean time, would you mind telling me how to prevent the ball to go straight right since I'm swinging to base 1?

It happens on and off when I'm scared to ob the ball to the swamps.

Originally Posted by Sai-Jin

Thanks, Beach and yes, this forum is full of nice people.

Funny thing is I actually start to invest in it 2 years ago when 3 old people from the embassy beat me senseless on the course on day 1 . =)

In the mean time, would you mind telling me how to prevent the ball to go straight right since I'm swinging to base 1?

It happens on and off when I'm scared to ob the ball to the swamps.

Straight right would be a shank... Most likely off the hosel.  I would hit hosel rockets when I leaned into the ball.   Basically on my backswing - my head would actually move closer to the ball - and then on the downswing I would have early extension and stand up.  Basically if my timing was off - then I would hit a shank.

Without seeing your swing it is hard to tell... But one thing to check is if you are moving your head - or leaning into the ball on the backswing.

Sorry, to be clear it's just like a little push shot that doesn't curve back to target. I never hit a shank ^^;

Perhaps I wasn't releasing aggressively enough. Not sure.

Sorry, to be clear it's just like a little push shot that doesn't curve back to target. I never hit a shank ^^;

Perhaps I wasn't releasing aggressively enough. Not sure.

Oh, Ok. Good - you aren't hitting shanks! :D

Push could be any number of things...

First, are you hitting pushes more with a driver, a long iron - or short irons?  I ask as with the shorter irons - it is harder to curve the ball.  So if you are hitting a push with a short iron... Then check your alignment.  It could be something really easy to tweak with your alignment.

If you are hitting a pushes with a longer club - especially a driver - then there are a number of things it could be... Ball placement.  And where your weight is at during impact are a few things to consider.

Sometimes on my driver for instance, if I consciously think tempo - smooth swing.  And I place the ball too far up on my left toe - my arms don't move fast enough - and my weight clears too fast (hips) and I just hit a push  - path outside with face open.

My normal alignment with my driver is my feet and shoulders are closed to the target line (aimed right).  With a teeny, tiny hint of extra weight on my left foot.  I tilt my head to right - so that my chin is slightly left - and my left temple is higher than my right temple.  This helps me think swing up with the driver - and keeps my head behind the ball.  The clubface is aimed at the target.  Hands are just slightly pressed forward.  When I do these subtle setup tweaks - I can hit the driver nearly straight - or a baby draw.

Try and find a setup that works for you - and then make sure you follow it to a 'T' every time.

I see this more with longer clubs for certain. But I also tend to aim right, which is something I need to work on (trusting the target line).

That's funny... the way we set up is identical.

I put my ball to my left toe, weight slightly on my left foot so that I don't overturn, I tilt back a little and I turn my head to the right so that

I can see the ball with my left eye. But I didn't know that setting up like this tend to have open club face... I'm going to try putting the ball more

front of my arm pit tomorrow at the range.

And I'll Post the video once I get it.

Btw, are you a pro? You seem very wise and experienced. I don't think I've had anyone helping me like this at all.

I see this more with longer clubs for certain. But I also tend to aim right, which is something I need to work on (trusting the target line).

That's funny... the way we set up is identical.

I put my ball to my left toe, weight slightly on my left foot so that I don't overturn, I tilt back a little and I turn my head to the right so that

I can see the ball with my left eye. But I didn't know that setting up like this tend to have open club face... I'm going to try putting the ball more

front of my arm pit tomorrow at the range.

And I'll Post the video once I get it.

Btw, are you a pro? You seem very wise and experienced. I don't think I've had anyone helping me like this at all.

Nope.  Just a gear head and trying to learn as much as possible.  Love the game and want to improve and help others.

3 Wood: Straight shot. around 240yds carry

This is my **** You driver with hello kitty design and ladies shaft.  250yds carry.  Almost look like a semi hook and strong draw.

It's an old traditional wood Driver.

Notice A3.x... And A4.  Your club goes well beyond parallel.  I'd try and shorten your back swing first and foremost.  It is a pretty easy tweak (at least for me it was), and will help you keep your club on plane throughout the swing.  This will increase your ball striking.

Also this will help you keep that right elbow at A4 from being like a chicken wing on the backswing.  Try and keep connection between your left and right armpits.  The under the armpits tee or towel drill will help you with connection, and pretty much shorten your backswing.  Here is another solid video which helps you maintain connection:

thank you!

I will certainly try the practice and let you know how it goes.

I played today with super sore legs, still shot 8 over at the PGA course, but yes, I can feel the inconsistency at times.

Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!