IGNORED

Who has heard of these clubs?

Note: This thread is 6168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all! I recently won a set of Nicklaus signature v18 clubs. I have done a search and cant find ANYTHING on these clubs. Its as if they are non existent. I did a search by upc and still nothing. They seem to contain fixed weight cartridges and irons consist of hollow and cavity backs. They look fantastic and are completely sealed and still in their original box. I would love to find any reviews or get ANY information before i even consider opening them.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!
J

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Driver: BB 454 8* Aldila nv65s
Fairway Wood: 3&5 Sport Stiff
Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

Hello all! I recently won a set of Nicklaus signature v18 clubs. I have done a search and cant find ANYTHING on these clubs. Its as if they are non existent. I did a search by upc and still nothing. They seem to contain fixed weight cartridges and irons consist of hollow and cavity backs. They look fantastic and are completely sealed and still in their original box. I would love to find any reviews or get ANY information before i even consider opening them.

Is there any chance the clubs are Nicklaus VIP instead of v18? If so, I've heard of them and might be able to find some info on them.

Call Nicklaus customer service at 800-322-1872 and ask them.
If they can't help you, send me a pm and I will call my cousin who works for Jack.

Are they Nicklaus, Jack Nicklaus, or Golden Bear? From your description it sounds like they are from the Jack Nicklaus line. Most of the clubs from that line have adjustable weights and deep cavity backs etc.

The Golden bear line has a model called Tour V81 - if you are a bit dyslexic that may be your beast.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

LOL. no i'm not dyslexic. The box has "Nicklaus Signature Series V18" on every side and each club has "Nicklaus V18" on them. The weights are fixed screw according to the box. Hadn't thought of calling customer service. Think I'll do that. I'll let ya know the outcome.

Thanks!

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

Well Good Luck... if you run into a wall though, let me know and I will have my cuz do some digging.

Take care and congrats on winning the clubs... that is cool!

Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Newport 2

Thanks jr. i called Nicklaus golf and they stated that the clubs are realtively new (only 2 weeks) and that the site has been updated with the new 2007 clubs except for the golden bear section. He said they belonged to the golden bear line (which made no sense since they say signature) so i'll take his word for it. As soon as he had tech specs he would email me those.

I'll tell ya, i felt like a kid on xmas morning. i was so happy to get these. They look GREAT. dont know how they'll play, but the whole set is beautiful!

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Good to hear. The Nicklaus staff is really cool and I am glad they were able to get you some info.

Good luck with your new clubs! Nothing better than Christmas except Christmas after Christmas.

Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Newport 2

definately true. i like the clubs i have. do you think these are just as good? my signature has my set. u think i should switch??? the nicklaus look bad ass! just dont know if they are good. what would u do? i see you are a nicklaus fan.
Thanks bud!

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

I went to Arizona last week and my Dad bought a set of the Nicklaus v 18 clubs at Costco. They were $249. We played the next day and my dad loved the clubs. I have a Walter Hagen Driver and had trouble hitting my club so i tried his driver. The set came with a 460cc driver .I hit it so well i want one. I cannot find one. I tried ebay with no luck.

I went to Arizona last week and my Dad bought a set of the Nicklaus v 18 clubs at Costco. They were $249. We played the next day and my dad loved the clubs. I have a Walter Hagen Driver and had trouble hitting my club so i tried his driver. The set came with a 460cc driver .I hit it so well i want one. I cannot find one. I tried ebay with no luck.

Sometimes club companies make sets for large retailers that have cosmetic diffferences from their golf shop lines. Dicks, Costco, come to mind. Look at Dicks if their is one near you.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

The V18 is a new offering and currently only available through Costco.

Shoot me a PM and I may be able to help you out with getting one.

Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Newport 2

definately true. i like the clubs i have. do you think these are just as good? my signature has my set. u think i should switch??? the nicklaus look bad ass! just dont know if they are good. what would u do? i see you are a nicklaus fan.

I would try them out. Last year I was trying to decide between 2 different brands so I took a day off, got out on the course during a slow time and played 2 balls, one with each set. My friends thought I was whacko, but bottom line, you have to swing them to figure out what works for you. I gave my dad a brand new set of clubs last year for his Birthday, and he played a couple rounds with them and promptly gave them to my brother because he likes his older clubs better.

Take care and good luck!

Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Newport 2

You make a valid point.

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

ALright. so i tired the set out and i must say they are not bad. I think i like my adams irons a bit more though. just felt more sloid in my hand. Now the hybrids and woods actually felt REALLY good. Hit them really straight and solid. The putter i wasnt to thrilled with. But i think it was more of a mental thing as i am really comfortable with my Nike. while putting i kept thinking man i miss my Nike. LOL. so i think ill keep using my nike.
but i must say i was very pleased with them. i'll keep trying them out and try to get more of a feel for them. I'll try to get my fundamentals down and get a little more solid in my swing before i go back to my stiff flex.

THANKS to all of you who posted and sent me PM's offering your help and suggestions. You truly make this a great game and fantastic forum.

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

I have the same putter (ozT100) and I absolutely love it. My stroke feels effortless with the way it is balanced. And ever since I switched I have noticed a huge change for the better.

Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Newport 2

Effortless is right. i had such a hard time with it at the beginning. tap it too hard and watch that sucker roll past the cup. i love it though. i have practiced so much with it that i feel like i need it now. LOL. it is a nice putter.

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I just bought these clubs at Costco last week. My golf instructor tried out a few swings with half the clubs and said they were really nice. Hey for $249.00 you can't beat the deal especially if you are a beginner like me. The clubs look awesome.

Note: This thread is 6168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!