IGNORED

Which hybrid do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to hybrids? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

Got a Cleveland HALO 19* for my birthday. If I hit it solid (usually it's really solid or I top it 100y down the fairway), it gives a satisfying thwack and will fly 240y with a nice little draw. For $100, I'm pretty satisfied...

You hit a 19° hybrid 240 yds with a slight draw and you are only an 18 handicap

Your short game must be pretty bad???

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit a 19° hybrid 240 yds with a slight draw and you are only an 18 handicap

he must be a tank

Usually use NXT Extreme's or HX Hot's
Soon to be Home Track : Grey Silo GC (71.5 / 128)

nike ignite 3 hybrid

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

It's in my signature, I guess, but anyway: I have 3, and carry 2 or 3, depending on how I feel about my 3W that day.

1. Callaway FT hybrid, 2H (17*), stock graphite shaft, S flex.
2. Callaway FT hybrid, 3H (20*), stock graphite shaft, S flex.
3. Callaway X hybrid, 4H (24*), stock graphite shaft, S flex.

I like the X better than the FT.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I still don't have one. My 3 iron is my favorite club in my bag and I can't find a hybrid I would replace either my 3I or 5W with. I think I'm one of the last golfers out there without one.

I like my 3i the most because when I do hit a good 230+yds power cut into a green, man you feel awesome. and for the days that my "A" game is not on you cant go wrong with the Hibore 19* so easy, effortless and accurate.

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

• 3 weeks later...
Titleist just makes the most pure hybrid. At adress, they look like they are saying: Smash me, i'll do whatever you want"
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Just had my first full day - a round of golf and an hour at the range - with my new Adams Idea Pro 3i. This club is going to be a keeper. A few warm-up swings and this club is as consistent as my 5 iron. Playing conservatively lately is what has lowered my hdcp from the low 20s to 17. I think this club will continue that trend.
WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

My TM R7 has 5 wood distance and it's much easier to control. My Tour Edge Exotics really plays like a 3 iron and you have to hit it like an iron. High ball flight and lands like a feather. My 3 iron is a runner so I prefer the hybrid to the 3 iron for this reason. I hit my 3h about 200.

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

• 3 weeks later...

I use this one, same degree and stock shaft.. It was a 50.00 club and I needed a hybrid really bad, I said to myself, I will atleast upgrade the shaft.. Well let me tell you, there is no reason to upgrade it, I hit it about 205-215 yards and dead straight EVERY TIME!!! I have no use for a 3wd and don't even carry one.. I love this club!!

• 4 weeks later...
None. Used to use a TM Rescue Mid, but I didn't had a whole lot of control honestly

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I love my Nike 18* and Nike 30*. My 18* is my "go to club"
I'm not to found of my adams 21* and 25*, but I just need to practice with them more
The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

Note: This thread is 5662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!