IGNORED

advice for strawberry farms

Note: This thread is 4824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anyone familiar with this course?  I am playing in a tournament there this weekend and might not get a practice round.  I am a pretty long hitter.  Any words of advice??

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

Hole #1...straight away...let it rip off the tee.

#2...Hit a hybrid or 3 wood at the MOST off the tee!

#3...Stay center or right side of green...there is NO margin for error on left side.

#4...straight away...let it rip off the tee. ..but aim for right center...anything left side of fairway and you will be coming in over HUGE traps.

#5...straight away...let it rip off the tee. ..REALLY long par 4!

#6...straight away...let it rip off the tee. ...just remember the trap in front of the green is about 20 yards in front of the green NOT along side it!

#7...short par 3

#8...short par 4...best advice is hitting 3 wood off tee...going for it usually ends up in one of the many little pot bunkers...hit your 3 wood and have a wedge in for birdie!

#9...straight away...let it rip off the tee. ..par 5...there is a small tree near the gree on the right side of fairway...make SUE your approach or lay-up is on LEFT side of fairway or that tree WILL block you...someday I'm gonna CUT that sucker down!!!

awesome tips man.  thanks a lot.  I will keep that in mind tomorrw during prac. round.  any break downs for the back 9?

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

My friends dad used to be (maybe still is) part owner of that course - has offices above the cart-barn. I'm jealous you get to play there - it has been a while since I've been in the area - the back 9 is my favorite. Don't remember specific holes right now, but we used to try and happy-gillmore from the 18th tee to the 10th green across the water with the owner. That course is beautiful. Have fun.

#10...Hit 3 wood off tee...driver just isn't needed and will leave u a 8 or 9 iron in.

#11...Aim for the middle, take a par and leave happy...pin-hunters will pay dearly if they miss the green anywhere!

#12...Par 5...let it rip...BUT...keep your drive left-center of fairway and your second shot as well and it is better.

#13...let it rip...but left center is best.

#14...short par 4...3 wood is best...fairway narrows at end...too narrow for a long-hitter with a driver.

#15...short par 3...wide green but NOT deep...if they have the pin directly behind the trap hit to left or right and take your par.

#16...Par 5…ha ha…go for it in 2 ??? Hit driver straight down right side of fairway, hit a short iron in the belly of the fairway protected by trees left & right SHORT of the creek and you have a 9 or wedge in. IF you want to go for it in 2, hit a drive NO MORE that 270 LEFT  of the tree in the center of fairway and you’ll have about 210 into the green, BUT if you’re a little long on the drive your DEAD…if your second shot is a little left…you are DEAD…best advice, don’t be tempted, play the first option and it is a realistic birdie hole!

#17…Pretty par 3 but nothing special.

#18…Probably the prettiest finishing hole you will ever see…and tough!!! Hit your drive center of fairway with a fade…FADE IT RIGHT……FADE IT RIGHT……FADE IT RIGHT…NOT a SLICE…just a slight FADE…and your second shot is straight in. Oh…did I mention to FADE your drive, Not SLICE it???

Let me know how it goes!!!!

Note: This thread is 4824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!