IGNORED

Southern Golfer

gt6974a
Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I'm 28, played golf since I was 8 in Metro Atlanta. Played wilson JR set, and some MacGregors and West Georgia Golf Company custom clubs (cheap) for the last 14 years.

I've played many courses in Atlanta, Turtle Bay, HI once, a few 'executive' courses in Florida. Some vacation golf in SC and Florida.

My brother-in-law is part-owner of a club in metro Atlanta and grew up on 4 different courses, still play 3 of them today.

I played Bobby Jones qutie a bit in college.

I've been a USGA member off and on, getting back into it by buying some new irons, leaning towards to cobra fp's although the r7's fell grea. (If I buy new irons it will justify me playing more golf)

I'm now about a 11+ handicap depending on the course, best under USGA was a 5+.

I'm not so much a preppy golfer(not saying many here are) I grew up on 2 private courses, where I'm from you hunt almost as much as you golf. I'm the guy that shows up at the club with the cat-less, super-charged Mustang that parks next to the BMW M-3, I like my beer(but drink plenty of scotch) and play with a can of snuff in my back pocket rather than a stogie in my shirt.

Day 2 Day I'm a software engineer who works in Atlanta.

Anyway, great forum and look forward to using y'all's advice and tips to improve my score.

welcome to the forum!!!!

In the Bag

FT-3 10* Draw
Big Bertha 04 3 wood 15*
Heavenwood Hybrid 2H 17* Big Bertha 06 irons 3-SW White Hot XG #1 Putter Fusion Tour Staff Bag Hx Tour BallI'm a bit of a junky

Welcome. Have you played The Frog?

Nope not yet, mainly b/c it's right down the road from the course my brother-in-law co-owns (Creekside). So I get to play there pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good to have you here...GA golfer here too

907D2 9.5 degree with Aldila VS Proto 65
906F2 15 degree with Aldila NVS 75
585.H 17 degree with Aldila NVS 85
2-PW 690MB
Vokey 254.10 Prototype Vokey 260.04 Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!