IGNORED

Mickelson - ESPN article

Ogg
Note: This thread is 6253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My lord, great read.. thanks for posting this. In a way it vindicates Phil through his own words. Like him or not... he's a good person who is doing his best to be the best he can at what he's good at doing. I've always been an Arnold Palmer fan, infact more so than Jack.. and ever since i heard Phil say, "I was trying to emulate you Mr.Palmer" I've been a Phil fan.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Everyone shoul dbe an Arnold Palmer fan. He has done more for the game of golf than anyone in history. He always understood that it was about the fans. I think Phil sees that too and I am glad to hear of a another great player trying to emulate "The King".
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I agree with most regarding Mickelson's response. I found it interesting that he said more should emulate his approach instead of criticizing it, since Mickelson's failures have been in larger tournaments. His style of play, which has become more conservative in recent years as opposed to 20s Mickelson, plays better when there is more room for error, obviously.

At any rate, hitting driver was questionable on the 72nd at Winged Foot, but I understand his logic. His next shot was where I had the biggest problem with the ending.

Again, for the most part, I agree with him and his stance and opinions. And, at the end of the day, who has a better life than Lefty?

^Tiger.

The fact he hit driver wasnt the issue, the fact he made a terrible swing and over cut his shot was. He said it himself he doesnt hit 4 wood any better and could have ended up in the trees just the same. He could've hit iron off the tee, laid up and played for bogey and still won, that would have been smarter than 4 wood.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Even with the faulty swing, and that is fine, he could have punched out instead of trying to be hero, which was my main point.

Second, no, Tiger does not have a better life. Tiger has more money, but I would definitely prefer Phil's life to Tiger.

If you do not follow golf, you do not know who Phil Mickelson is. But, you definitely know who Tiger Woods is. More or less my point.

I would much prefer to make Lefty $$$, and live his life, than Tiger's. And, comparing Amy to Elin is splitting hairs. I would prefer being married to the American blonde, myself.

^Tiger.

I agree and think this as well, I just do not see any pro laying up off the tee for bogey; par yes but not bogey. That thought process has probably not been a consideration for either Phil or Tiger since High School.

Bag: Mizuno Twister
Driver: Taylormade R7 460 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 14 Stiff
7 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 21 Stiff
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19 StiffIrons: Mizuno MX 19 4-PW Do not use the gap wedgeWedges: Mizuno MP T 5308 and 5810Putter Yes CallieI can also choose between a 4 or 5 wood or MD...

Cmon man nobody wants Phils hum drum life...Bring on Tigers life any day and the hot Swedish wife to boot!!!

No way. Give me John Daly's lifestyle before he tied the knot!

Big John makes Tiger or Phil look like a re-run of My Three Son's or Happy Days.

Bag: Mizuno Twister
Driver: Taylormade R7 460 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 14 Stiff
7 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 21 Stiff
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19 StiffIrons: Mizuno MX 19 4-PW Do not use the gap wedgeWedges: Mizuno MP T 5308 and 5810Putter Yes CallieI can also choose between a 4 or 5 wood or MD...

Note: This thread is 6253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!