IGNORED

How's the heat wave treating you?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I find that playing in this weather isn't too bad as long as you drink a lot of water and you tend towards the shade while standing/walking, but I feel like it gets tough to focus on the range when hitting shot after shot.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I dont exactly love the heat but Im dealing with it.  I played last Sunday, I just got up really early and got my round in before it got too hot and then spent the rest of the day in the pool.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Here in Cleveland, OH the heat index is 110°+! The course was a no-go because I could not find anyone else as crazy as myself to go! I did go to the driving range though and worked on my game. My drive is consistently carrying 240-250 in air now. I'm guessing at most courses, depending on how often the course waters, I would get some bounce/roll to 270-280.

The sunburn is definitely in full effect right now!

the courses around here are dousing the fairways and greens and some are not mowing anything.  The rough though is brown and concrete like firm in places: a tee shot that lands just off the fairway can shoot OB like it hit a cart path.

I've been practicing in the afternoons but only for a few hours with a 15 min break (in the ac) in the middle and not my normal 3+ hour sessions with a short break here and there.

i'll probably only play sunday morning this weekend and practice saturday from 7am to 9:30 or so.

Bag:
Driver and 3-wood: Titleist 910D3 9.5* + 910Df 15* w/ Aldila RIP 80 X flex
2-iron: King Cobra II Forged DG-x100

3-Hybrid: 20* Adams 9031DF DG-x100
4-9 irons: Bridgestone Tour Premium DG-s400
Wedges: Vokey 200 series: 48, 54, 60 DG-s400
Putter: original Cameron Newport gunmetal blue

Originally Posted by shank-a-roo

Playing in Arizona, it feels like you live in a heat wave all year long! I don't mind playing in it at all! It's a dry heat

I play in Cave Creek Arizona with a couple other highschool girls. and we get good spongey towels soaking wet and put them around our necks.. lots of water and ice!! usually we walk courses, but in the heat, we use carts walking just is not gonna happen. I like summer though, it's a great chance to get out to some gorgeous AZ courses without high rates. playing tourney's in the heat is the only not so fun thing.

I have no problem playing in the heat. Since I work at a course, I get to play for free whenever I want (best perk ever). I have been playing everyday for the past five because the course has been extremely empty. Actually got my second eagle today on a par 5 while playing a fun 9-hole round with my friends. They enjoy the discounted golf as well, haha.

In short, the heat doesn't bother me. I love golf too much!

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

Hopefully I'll be playing 18 tomorrow. The index is supposed to be around 105-110° again. Such an inconvenience to reach for a beer in a bag full of water!

Looking forward to the 50 yard bounce/roll/carry on my drives though! All the water in the world will not keep fairways soft when it has been 100° for 8 days straight!

Once again florida has the better weather. Not often that we are one of the cooler states in the country, although chances are you will be caught in some heavy rain for a few minutes out there.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

we we're holding steady in the mid 90's this evening but i wasn't giving up walking my thursday nine.  i waited until 6:30 so it would be a little cooler but it wasn't by much.  all you can do is drink a lot of water and try and put it out of your mind.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

it's absolutely smoking here in north carolina, but i have the driving range/course to myself.  i was a catcher from little league all the up through college, so i'm used to being in this weather with gear on...playing in shorts and a dri-fit shirt is almost like being naked!!

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

I don't think it has been that bad. Just remember sunscreen, water (with ice), and a hat and it's not that bad. I need a few extra gloves though, I'm sweating through them all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by putt

I find that playing in this weather isn't too bad as long as you drink a lot of water and you tend towards the shade while standing/walking, but I feel like it gets tough to focus on the range when hitting shot after shot.

From reading alot of these posts, Im not sure if the heat wave has hit the east side yet,lol. Here for the last week or so its been unbearable, you literally cant play golf in this, that's how hot it is. Heat index atleast 110 everyday this entire week. I saw on the weather channel that its coming to the east coast soon but its been here for the past week and still here till saturday or so then its back down to around 90.

Here in Cleveland, Ohio we've had a heat index of 100-110 for a few days straight now. Actual temps of 90° have been around for like a week or more also.

You just have to dress appropriately and stay hydrated. Shorts, Nike Dri-Fit shirts, hat and lots of cups of water at each "Water Hole!". Plus a few beers, though it's the worst thing that you can possibly have in the sun/heat. It helps take your mind off of the heat though - and your game, which can be useful if you're playing bad.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Here in Cleveland, Ohio we've had a heat index of 100-110 for a few days straight now. Actual temps of 90° have been around for like a week or more also.

You just have to dress appropriately and stay hydrated. Shorts, Nike Dri-Fit shirts, hat and lots of cups of water at each "Water Hole!". Plus a few beers, though it's the worst thing that you can possibly have in the sun/heat. It helps take your mind off of the heat though - and your game, which can be useful if you're playing bad.

I checked the weather channel on cleveland,OH and the actual high temps each day this week. You've barley had a high of 90, Our highs have been on average 10-15 degrees higher each day. You cant play where the actual heat wave is. Heck its about 10:45 at night right now and the temp is 88 degrees without the sun.

Originally Posted by motteler621

I checked the weather channel on cleveland,OH and the actual high temps each day this week. You've barley had a high of 90, Our highs have been on average 10-15 degrees higher each day. You cant play where the actual heat wave is. Heck its about 10:45 at night right now and the temp is 88 degrees without the sun.

lol You may want to check the dew points and humidity levels that we've had here. Our highs in northeast ohio have been anywhere from 92-95 with the "feels like" index of 110. The heat wave is currently affecting over 1,000,000 square miles and Ohio is definitely in the thick of things. After all, it is stretching from west of Iowa to the East Coast.

Current Time: 12:45 AM - Current Temp: 90° (I live a bit south of Cleveland).

http://www.fox8.com/weather/

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol You may want to check our humidity and dew point levels here as well. I live a bit south of Cleveland, and our temp has been well above 90. The heat index (feels like) temp has been around 110. The heat wave has been affecting over 1,000,000 square miles of the United States and stretches farther west than Kansas, and as far as the East Coast (including the Midwest).

Currently 1:00 AM and Current Temp: 90°

http://www.fox8.com/weather/

I know its pretty widespread but its more hot were Im at, You shouldnt and most likely can't play golf in this. Here is a print screen of our weather the past few days and the highs

Where Im at - Look at the 19th thru today recorded highs

weather1.jpg

and Cleveland, OH

weather2.jpg

You guys barley break 90. Our humidity is way way up there as well, heat index's 110+

The heat doesn't bother me too much, so long as I stay hydrated. Also, my course has been putting coolers out full of ice-cold water bottles lately, which has been awesome.

-Rich

Note: This thread is 4668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!