IGNORED

Pulling the ball

Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have just started hitting my new MX-25s and I seem to be pulling the ball alot. When I was fitted, the gut said I needed an extra 1/2" on my clubs. Could this be a factor at all? I really like the sticks but I do seem to hit them left a lot.

I have just started hitting my new MX-25s and I seem to be pulling the ball alot. When I was fitted, the gut said I needed an extra 1/2" on my clubs. Could this be a factor at all? I really like the sticks but I do seem to hit them left a lot.

Could be but then again I'm not the club fitter. Longer shafts potentially could be harder to control if not fitted correctly. But as the previous poster said, it could be lots of things. Were your previous irons a half inch long? If not then you either could be fitted incorrectly or just need some time to adjust to the correct fitting.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

it could be the difference between the two set of clubs, what set did you have before, also have you change anything in your swing recently,

tom

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

It is unlikely that it is the extra 1/2 inch, if you have good contact. Longer clubs play a little flatter, which can encourage a push, more upright can encourage a pull. If your old clubs were flatter that could be a factor. If they have more offset the different look can lead to you not aiming the face correctly. It is more likely you are trying to bust your new ones and just using a little to much right side effort. Try a little more pull with the left side or just smooth out your transition.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!