IGNORED

My Swing (eedwards)

eedwards
Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all.  Please give me some feedback for my golf swing.  In the last month I have started trying the S&T; swing.  I always fight a drop to the inside on the start of my downswing.  It is better than it has been but is still prevalent.  Tear me apart.

I have the same issue!  I always drop my hands on the backswing and then that leads to hitting off the neck (hozel) of the club resulting in a shank... what have you done to fix this?  I am trying to keep my hands out side of my right foot just enough to keep the swing on plane.  This might help you.  Also, try to bend your knees and keep your back straight.  This will help with alignment and ball trajectory.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Looks great--love the steep shoulders and good hip turn. Please post a face on view. I suspect that the major issues are legs/hips on the forward swing and hands at impact (both of these issues are best seen face on view)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by iblack87

Also, try to bend your knees and keep your back straight.

Ian

I agree. I see a little rise in your stance as you swing forward. spine angle.bmp

Review this video at 23 seconds in.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Lofty Lefty

Flat at the top of the backswing....

I disagree. :-)

Screen Shot 2011-08-30 at 1.25.42 pm.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...

I took the recommendation from someone on this board about s&t; instructors in NC and went and saw Spencer Huggins at Buies Creek.  Nice guy and I really liked what he had to say.  Here are some before and after videos, and I have had some good range sessions since.  Since the video I posted last year my game has been spiraling downwards, I am hopefull Spencer has me back on the right track.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by eedwards

I took the recommendation from someone on this board about s&t; instructors in NC and went and saw Spencer Huggins at Buies Creek.  Nice guy and I really liked what he had to say.  Here are some before and after videos, and I have had some good range sessions since.  Since the video I posted last year my game has been spiraling downwards, I am hopefull Spencer has me back on the right track.

So what'd you work on? It's somewhat obvious but what feelings did you have? What was your top priority? Share with the class. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

So what'd you work on? It's somewhat obvious but what feelings did you have? What was your top priority? Share with the class. :)

Deeper hands, right arm working across the chest in and up, left arm feels wider so it doesnt collapse and fold, clubhead outside of hands.  I need to have the sensation of a 3/4 swing and keeping the club shaft vertical to the ground like i am almost holding an umbrella at the the top.  We flared my feet out more at address, moved my back foot closer to the baseline and I need to have the sensation that my shoulders are open to the target because I tend to get closed off.

My top priority is the doing all these things to clean up the backswing.  He thinks I have a good pivot and if I stop tipping the club in the backswing it will clear some other areas up.  He said if I started hitting some straight draws that I might need to open the clubface up to hit the push draw we are after.  You will appreciate this Iacas, we had a good discussion on the "new" ball flight laws so I could dissect my misses and we would be talking the same language.  It was the first time I have ever left a lesson immediately hitting the ball better, I am really encouraged.

• 5 weeks later...

Been a month since I started the changes.  Still working on getting hands deeper and shaft more vertical in the backswing.  Also still trying to feel like I am hitting 3/4 shots with the backswing.  Now for the hard part, we are working on my pivot.  As you can see I drop my hands further inside and get way under plane.  I am trying to feel like my left shoulder moves out holding the angle longer while becoming steeper instead of my arms dropping. Also I am trying to get the sensation of my right shoulder staying down in forward tilt instead of coming up and out of the shots.  This has been difficult and I still don't have a real good "feel" for these changes yet.  The backswing has been much easier and my swing felt much better initially, I can tell this part is going to take some work.

DTL Initial

DTL After

FO

• 4 months later...

So like Poser the guy I get lessons from is no longer available.  I have recomitted and brought back out the S&T; book that I bought 2 years ago and gone about it by myself.  I have actually been hitting the ball more solid going through the changes alone.  My problem right now is my ball flight.  Currently the ball is starting left of my target and staying there or slightly falling more left.  I cant get the ball to turn over for me.  Also the ball is starting further left than I would like.  I am correct in assuming that my face is slightly open to square to the swing path and the path is outward?  If this is the case can anyone give me some insight into what might be happening.  I have been working real hard on the pivot and downswing where my hips slide forward and my left leg remains straight and banks inward toward my lead knee.  Any help is appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Signed up for evolvr today.  Going to give it one last try this off season to try and become more consistent.  Those guys will have earned their money if they can help me accomplish that task.

Signed up for evolvr today.  Going to give it one last try this off season to try and become more consistent.  Those guys will have earned their money if they can help me accomplish that task.

I had a similar thought process in May. I decided to sign up and actually be patient and dedicate myself to doing what was asked. I am terrible at "practising" (vs. hitting balls at the range) and had to look in the mirror and learn how to do that first. Once I did that, and with some perseverance, not being afraid to ask follow up questions, and a patient instructor (Stephan Kostelecky in my case) I finally started to see some results that came on very quickly and stuck with me. I am nowhere near perfect but was hitting the ball MUCH better four months later. With more dedication to the PROCESS it could have come sooner and I'd have been further along prior to the end of the season up here. Result below is due to focus on getting weight forward at impact.

Moral of the story: It'll work if you follow the instruction and commit to the time required.

I think if you keep up the work you will achieve more forward shaft lean.  once you get a less flippy action thru the ball you should see more consistency.  Are you working on getting more cupping of the wrist at the top? imo hitting from such a flat position is hard.

Looks nice..keep at it.,golf is a game that requires constant maintenance.. Almost like being married to it U look good Cp

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

• 6 months later...

Just submitted my swing to evolvr again so i thought i would post as I wait for the feedback.  Started hitting a cut at the end of last year.  Have been liking it and it is nice not fighting a big hook.  I have started hitting alot of dinky push cuts and big wipes along with alot of hits off the bottom of the driver.

Sounds like you're doing some good work with evolvr. What are You working on at present?

Henry

• 2 months later...

Last evolvr lesson something clicked finally with me.  I have been struggling all year with earl extension and hitting big wipes and block cuts.  At least I have a different feel when I am hitting balls now and it feels "solid" which hasnt been that way in a long while. I have actually been moving the ball from left to right this week and it feels amazing.  I used to be a big hooker of the golf ball and fought it so bad that I started hitting blocks and cuts and couldnt draw the ball for the last 18 months.  Here are a couple of videos, one was 2 weeks ago that i submitted to evolvr and the 2nd one was from last night

Note: This thread is 3544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!