IGNORED

Strange situation on green

pawulinho17
Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by deasy55

Get them to move it

Edit: And by 'Get them' I mean ask politely if they could move it.

This is correct, but the OP may not know how to move their mark if they are asked.  If your mark is in the way, you should move it left or right, depending on what the person making the stroke indicates.  The most common way of moving it is to put your putterhead to the side of your mark, lining it up with a tree (or something else that won't move) and then moving your mark on the other side of the putterhead.  You can also move it 2 putterhead widths or lay your putter down on it's side, if this helps to make sure it is fully out of the way.

Just remember - 1) Be sure to move it back before you putt or it is a penalty.  2) Be sure to use the EXACT same method (in reverse) to move the mark back as you did to move it in the first place. - ie, do NOT mark your ball, move the mark, then when you go to put the mark back just set your ball down instead of the mark.  This would be incorrect and your ball would not be in the same place as originally.  You would have to undo that mark and then redo it again in reverse of the original marking method.

Here's a video that also explains it.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

OK, i get it, but what, if my ball hit ( in some way) hit somebodys ballmarker ? Also 2 strokes penalty ?

No penalty at all, just something that happens from time to time. Sometimes it may help, sometimes it may hurt. Chances are, if they moved it, it will be out of your intended line anyway. I have seen the good and bad. I have seen putts hit markers that we didn't think were in the way with the ball tracking to the hole only to knock it off line. I've also seen putts where a bad putt hits a marker and it put is back on line and in.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Just a bit OT, but is this

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

You can also move it 2 putterhead widths or lay your putter down on it's side, if this helps to make sure it is fully out of the way.

allowed? After all, Rule 20-1 says:

'Note: The position of a ball to be lifted should be marked by placing a
ball-marker, a small coin or other similar object immediately behind the
ball. If the ball-marker interferes with the play, stance or stroke of another
player, it should be placed one or more clubhead-lengths to one side .'

So, the question is whether it is compulsory to use only a clubhead or is it allowed to use an entire club or alternatively the leather of a club (usually a putter), as I do in case a longer shift of my ball-marker is required?

hah thanks, my ex-girlfriend made that foto and said that i have to set it as a profile photo Now i'm just waiting to get a proper swing - and than make a photo

EDIT: sorry for my english - still have to learn a lot

Originally Posted by pawulinho17

I think it is safer to use the clubheads - just in case

I think you are correct that you should use a club for taking relief or moving your marker.

The rules are pretty specific on using a club when taking relief off a cart path.

I am making the assumption that it applies to a situation on the green as well but I am not sure.

Note: This thread is 4636 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!