IGNORED

First time at the Masters

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not me (unfortunately), but my brother. He got to go down for the practice round on Wednesday and had a few thoughts on the experience:
  • Lots of people - There were more than he thought. We went to the Open in Pinehurst which was nuts. He said this was not as bad, but closely approaching it.
  • Very, very green grass - It looks just like it does on TV. He has no clue what type of grass it is or how in the world they keep it that color...but it is utterly amazing and pristine.
  • Cheap, fast food - $1.50 for a club sandwich? Yup. My brother said he got in line about 20 deep and got through the line in 10 minutes. If you're ever there, he said not to be scared off by a long line. They know what they are doing.
  • DiMarco should play off the water - He watched a few groups skip the balls across the water at 16. Nobody did as good as DiMarco. He stuffed his 'normal' shot to about 5 feet and proceeded to skip one across the water, off the bank and to about the same distance. Most all the other guys just hit the bank and rolled it back into the water.
  • Course closes @ 3:00 - on Wednesday, they close the course at 3:00 to get it ready. The Par-3 fills with specators along with the practice green and range.
  • Arnie is old - He said that Arnie was playing the par 3 and looked like he could barely swing any more. Sad, but at least he'll be the starter at Augusta for a long time to come...which is appropriate.

He took a bunch of pictures too. I'll try and post some here when I get them...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!