IGNORED

Wheres a good Golf Vacation ?

Scott L
Note: This thread is 6196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Vegas Dog;

Any Other Suggestions For Me To Play Next Time In Vegas?? I've Done Both Tpc, Lake Las Vegas, Angel Park And Others. But Are There Any Good Local Courses People Don't Know About?

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Any Other Suggestions For Me To Play Next Time In Vegas?? I've Done Both Tpc, Lake Las Vegas, Angel Park And Others. But Are There Any Good Local Courses People Don't Know About?

Not too much out here people don't know about. BUT, take a look at the following courses on their internet sites. Some really cool stuff.

1. Bears Best. Jack's favorite holes, west of the Mississipi-perfect condition 2. Rio Secco. Home of Butch Harmons golf school, but great track without it. 3. Paiute - 3 Pete Dye courses on a reservation - beautiful condition 4. Tuscany - a very nice "locals" course-aka tuscany hills 5. Dragon Ridge CC - kind of semi-private - but cool 6. Wolf Creek - 70minutes north of Vegas in Mesquite-tons of elevation chg That will give you a few to do. If we stray too far from the good ones, you may not like what you get. Angel Park is poor compared to any of the above. Lake Las Vegas is nice, but I would play any of these as cheaper alternatives. Have Fun!

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

If I may add a few others....
Primm Valley has 2 great courses (though I have not played, have heard great!) about 30 minutes South.
Black Mountain is my home course: surprisingly tough, when rough is in full bloom, is deep. Also 27 holes.
Revere @ Anthem I played a few years ago- was very nice.

If it's not too far for you, Williamsburg, VA is a great place for a golf vacation.

I can confirm that recommendation. There are a ton of great public courses in the Williamsburg area, Kingsmill, the Golden Horseshoe, Stonehouse, Royal New Kent, Kiskiak just to name a few.

Yes of course, Myrtle Beach always has plenty or offer as well. Enjoy the trip wherever you decide to go.

If I may add a few others....

Not too much out here people don't know about. BUT, take a look at the following courses on their internet sites. Some really cool stuff.

I would highly reccomend Las Vegas Golf Club, it is a true local's secret...especially in the summer when they paint the greens, green.

I also like Siena (lot's of bunkers) and Silverstone (some seriously long par 5's, in fact they have the longest par 5 in NV). You could also always shell out the $500+ to play Shadow Creek!

Daytona Beach is pretty awesome...went there last spring and they have a ton of courses at a ton of different rates..played one round of 18 for $27 with a cart! Let me know if you want any info on it, because I have a Daytona Beach Area Golf Guide.

Take care,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Another spot to consider is Kiawah Island . I went there a few years back. They have five courses of varying difficulty -- including Pete Dye's Ocean Course, host to the '91 Ryder Cup. More of a family spot than not, and it lacks some of the "activities" Vegas offers. Charleston is just under an hour away by car.

Last time I was in Scottsdale, I played the Monument course at Troon North. It's another course they play (used to play?) on tour, you can play it in video games and it's nowhere near as punishing as the Ocean course. It is, however, just as expensive :)
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

• 2 weeks later...
Cabo
Las Vegas

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

PEI, Canada. specifically, www.golfpei.ca

We were rated as the best golf destination in Canada and North America as well before!

Driver: 905R w V2 stiff 76
FW: NVG2 Fujikura stiff
Hybrids: Idea Pro 20* Aldila VS Proto
Irons: M685 3-PW Rifle 5.5
Wedges: 54* VIP forged, 58* CG10Putter: Bettinardi A02Ball: ProV1, Black Max

This March my brother and I went to Kentucky Dams area on a golf package. We got 2 days in our own cabin with kitchen, 2 huge buffet breakfasts, 2 huge buffet suppers, 2 18-hole rounds of golf with a cart all for $180 each. And the prices were so cheap we golfed another 18 and a 9 besides. Can't beat it if you're on a budget.

http://parks.ky.gov/resortparks/kd/index.htm

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Before what?

sorry, Top destination in Canada this year, a couple years ago it was voted best in North America, not sure where holds that title now.

Driver: 905R w V2 stiff 76
FW: NVG2 Fujikura stiff
Hybrids: Idea Pro 20* Aldila VS Proto
Irons: M685 3-PW Rifle 5.5
Wedges: 54* VIP forged, 58* CG10Putter: Bettinardi A02Ball: ProV1, Black Max

sorry, Top destination in Canada this year, a couple years ago it was voted best in North America, not sure where holds that title now.

I think that would be Myrtle Beach.

www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com

The Myrtle Beach Golf Experts

Note: This thread is 6196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!