IGNORED

Shotly Grab Bag Deal

Note: This thread is 4633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

naileditgolf.com might have my business if that's what they give in their grab bags.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

I see a lot of you guys have posted on their FB as did I.  I got crap, not really old,  just crap.  Like most others, have done woot grabs, and other grabs where you get crap, but a ton of it, and that makes it funny or something cute etc.

But the whole thing about being atleast $25, no where near it.  Head down nudey tees (3 pack, not the 6 pack like that other lucky fella) and a three pack of brush tees. C'mon for $30 bucks???????/  Absolute crap.

Like I have mention on FB they could of sent me a 1000 shotly dot com wooden cheap tees, and that would of been funny and all of my friends would of known about shotly dot com.  Not so savy Shotly, shame on you.

Check out their State of Shotly

"...we are extremely COMMITTED to ensuring our customers our happy with what Shotly offers and will keep this focus. As someone once told me, your customers don’t need you, you need them. We will continue to move forward with Shotly under this motto, as without you we are nothing!"

well shotly.com you just might be nothing.

And I know everyone runs to post negative stuff when they are not happy, but this was down right a rip off.  My deal would of been a much better grab for $5-$10. Wouldn't of had a problem with it.

Exactly.  If this had been a $10-15 grab bag I'd be perfectly content with the hat even though I still would not wear it.  The fundamental issue is Matt or whoever it was posting on their site that ALL grab bags would be worth at least $25 MSRP and many significantly more.  So far only 1 has been gold (X22s) and 1 has been decent (ProV1X).

They're not very smart "businessmen" (used loosely) when they sit on the other golf forum arguing with customers and basically calling them "dumba**es" for expecting anything but crap.

Originally Posted by scungi

I see a lot of you guys have posted on their FB as did I.  I got crap, not really old,  just crap.  Like most others, have done woot grabs, and other grabs where you get crap, but a ton of it, and that makes it funny or something cute etc.

But the whole thing about being atleast $25, no where near it.  Head down nudey tees (3 pack, not the 6 pack like that other lucky fella) and a three pack of brush tees. C'mon for $30 bucks???????/  Absolute crap.

Like I have mention on FB they could of sent me a 1000 shotly dot com wooden cheap tees, and that would of been funny and all of my friends would of known about shotly dot com.  Not so savy Shotly, shame on you.

Check out their State of Shotly

"...we are extremely COMMITTED to ensuring our customers our happy with what Shotly offers and will keep this focus. As someone once told me, your customers don’t need you, you need them. We will continue to move forward with Shotly under this motto, as without you we are nothing!"

well shotly.com you just might be nothing.

And I know everyone runs to post negative stuff when they are not happy, but this was down right a rip off.  My deal would of been a much better grab for $5-$10. Wouldn't of had a problem with it.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I am going to dispute it with my card company. American express is really awesome with that type of stuff ESP at their blue red and black level cards.....maybe i'll give shotly a chance at redemption by refunding me. Maybe I'll sue them in small claims court.......I travel quite a bit and do ok......it would be worth it out of principal. I have several lawyer friends as well maybe a little threat of class action? Not an empty threat either. Everyone will know what these scammers pulled.

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

Exactly.  If this had been a $10-15 grab bag I'd be perfectly content with the hat even though I still would not wear it.  The fundamental issue is Matt or whoever it was posting on their site that ALL grab bags would be worth at least $25 MSRP and many significantly more.  So far only 1 has been gold (X22s) and 1 has been decent (ProV1X).

They're not very smart "businessmen" (used loosely) when they sit on the other golf forum arguing with customers and basically calling them "dumba**es" for expecting anything but crap.

I wasn't part of this "grab bag deal", but can you guide us to the forums where you saw their staff arguing with customers? It might be helpful for others to witness that type of behavior.

Just felt abused for $30 bucks, I would had better luck with a scratch ticket.  Or felt better donating to a charity...............I don't want my money back, I challenge shotly.com to donate $30 (my donation to them) to the Jimmy Fund.

here's where they are telling me about the rules on FB http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shotly-Golf-Daily-Deals/106254749459912

the link is pretty tricky but on their FB page, the headline is "who's excited about the grab bag deals etc" with about 58 comments

OH, and ever since my exchange with them on FB they have appeared to have gone Jack Bauer, or rogue with no more responses to anyone.

Originally Posted by Spyder

I wasn't part of this "grab bag deal", but can you guide us to the forums where you saw their staff arguing with customers? It might be helpful for others to witness that type of behavior.

They have deleted comments from people as well, one in particular I remember maybe because he used an adult word (shitty), but they are sending out nude tee's not sure why that would bother them.  They also removed him from their FB page, he friend me shortly after to confirm that they did in fact "delete" him.

I reread the deal page.  They're actually advertising $250 worth of stuff at a 90% discount (hence the $25 price).  That is truly false advertising when people are receiving $13 hats with a $20 MSRP..  Just to note I did NOT expect to receive $250 worth of anything.

Here's a gem...if you're a member then you will recognize the forum coloring/layout.  I'm only being vague because I am not sure if this site lets you post about the competition...

SHOTLY is showing its true colors with this debacle.  Maybe I should start a competitor, certainly it could be better managed even as a sideline gig.

Also, I came across one post on the other forum indicating they actually lost money on this deal.  Not surprising the way it was handled, but still no sympathy.

Shotly.JPG

scungi,

Nice avatar, LOL!

Always changing:

Here's my opinion.

They've obviously made profit on the grab-bag, rather than make an attempt to increase their customer base and general interest in the company. Most people appear to have been given items that were not worth what they paid. In the end, someone will most likely get the set of X-22s (which can be purchased from several online retailers for $310). If they made $5-8 per person that ordered and sold 300+ grab bags, that's $1,500-2,400 in profit. Take a $300 iron set and they made around $1,000. Of course, this is just throwing numbers out there. Could be much higher, could be much lower.

In the end, they've ruined their reputation for the time being and it is going to be extremely hard to regain integrity.

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

I reread the deal page.  They're actually advertising $250 worth of stuff at a 90% discount (hence the $25 price).  That is truly false advertising when people are receiving $13 hats with a $20 MSRP..  Just to note I did NOT expect to receive $250 worth of anything.

Here's a gem...if you're a member then you will recognize the forum coloring/layout.  I'm only being vague because I am not sure if this site lets you post about the competition...

SHOTLY is showing its true colors with this debacle.  Maybe I should start a competitor, certainly it could be better managed even as a sideline gig.

WOW, the arrogance. It seems like SparklingMatt almost realizes that this sucked.  But won't admit it.

And the whole part about the little guy, and customer service???? How about standing behind your product??? $25 grab, asked if it would be worth atleast that amount, its been quoted here and other places already "Indeed, and possibly more...." And that response on whatever site posted by SparklingMatt, he is right its not fun.....you screwed new customers, all that are somewhat internet savvy (that's how they found you), and going to let people know.

Not sure they can fix it, I don't want new irons, I dont care I got "old."  Just felt hoodwinked.

I assuming the winter is their time to shine with product lines being retired, and able to get some great liquidation deals from companies.  But not everyone can play golf in the winter, thereFORE, will not buy any products, especially when you reputation is tarnished.

naileditgolf.com might have my business if that's what they give in their grab bags.

I have had good experiences with naileditgolf.com, I had one problem with them.....It was small and an error on their part. The customer service was excellent and I got a prompt reply. It was a tiny honest mistake and they made it right. They threw some extra goodies into my order and took the time to match the goodies with the equipment I bought. Naileditgolf is a good bunch of people, they are new and I wish them lots of luck. Just for reference it was a shipping issue.

TEE XCG5 11.5* 3++ Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuck TEE XCG5 16.5* 4 wood Fairway w/ Nventix Nunchuk Adams Super Black 19* Hybrid w/ Nventix Nunchuk 370 Adams CB2 4 Iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams CB1 5 and 6 iron w/ Nventix Nunchuck xi Adams MB2 7,8 and 9 irons w/ Nventix Nunchuk xi Adams Puglielli Black 48* 53* 58* 64* w/ DG Spinners Rife Tropical Finish Island Series Barbados Srixon Z-STAR XV tour yellow Pure Grips Hirzl gloves

Just caught this thread.  Here's what I put on their FB page.  They deleted the middle part with the reference to naileditgolf.com.

------------------------

My grab bag finally arrived (ordered 9/9, shipped 9/26, arrived 9/29). I'm with Drew, Steve and Greg below. I didn't "old" I just got crap. I got an "I Gotcha" ball retriever. Sure it was risk but the problem is the $25+$5 s/h I paid would cover ALL the major internet retailers prices for this item. So I top dollar for something I never desired to own. The PGA Tour Superstore down the street for me sells it for $17. Not sure they really understand whats supposed to happen on these deals.

On 9/21 I ordered a grab bag from NailedItGolf.com. It arrived on 9/28 and contained 1 dozen Nike Vapor Speed balls, a Travis Mathews shirt (Google search shows it for $45 on sale), a nice Taylormade Burner/R9 hat, two 25 packs of premium tees, and one of those magnet/ion bracelets. So who do you think will get shopped again? So, technically, did Shotly do what they said they do? Barely. I guess the "retail value" is somewhere around $25 despite my ability to acquire the product at will for $17. Thanks for a such a great "deal" Shotly!  Maybe they just don't know how these things usually work.  If you get crap at least you usually get lots of crap - 500 tees and a dozen crappy balls.  Something like that. Not ONE top flight hat or ONE ball retriever. I would love to see some gold out there...just to know somebody made out. And 12 ProV1x's for $30 is hardly gold.

------------------------

I'm fully aware that I was likely to receive "crap".  It's a gamble - part of the fun.  But not hitting the $25 MSRP thing so blatently to so many people is what did it in for me.  I've already deleted the Shotly link I use every day to check it and have unsubscribed the email list.

...and all I was kinda hoping for was a couple packs of those "Floppys".

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Off track but are DailyDivot and Shotly related?  I never got e-mails from DailyDivot until I paid for the worthless Shotly grab bag.

Always changing:

Hey Ryan it's drew from fb....go over to golfwrx where Matt from shotly called the disappointed folks dumbasses.....nice business guy huh? I dare Matt or his crony to call someone a dumbass here.....where they pay for advertising.....

Note: This thread is 4633 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!