IGNORED

WTF, I hate this game, I love this game...I need help, advice, a psychoanalyst.

frustrated
Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess I better not telling anyone I hit a ball 315 the other day... no one will believe me...

I for one, can believe he hit one 370.. if his swing speed is that fast it is possible.. after the ball stops rolling.. i for one hit one 340.. yes I was at 5000' but I still hit it....LOL

• Upvote 1

Tools in the Ogio bag.
Driver      Callaway
 Razr Fit Xtreme 8.5* Extra Stiff

3 wood   Callaway X hot Stiff flex

Hybrid     Ping I20 3H 20* & 4H 23*
Irons       Ping  I20 5-PW

Wedges  Ping Tour Gorge 52 & 56 Callaway Mack daddy 60*

Putter     Scotty Cameron Monterey

Balls      Bridgestone B-330

Shoes          Skycaddie SGX

People just tend to believe that if they, or their group, cannot do it, no amateur can. I have hit many drives beyond 300 yards - many . Can I do it on command on any hole though? Hell no. Conditions definitely matter and they influence the shot heavily.

• Upvote 1

@ CPT, solid advice, golf is just that one thing I can't really get my head around. I saw an interview with Greg Norman, I didn't know it was even possible...but he didn't pick up the game until he was 16 and was scratch within one year. I know it's pointless to compare yourself to a world class athlete, but Greg's progress is bordering on a cruel joke from God. 23 years of playing and screw scratch, my best score is a 73. Like I said before, I go two or three days where I hit it amazing on the range, or usually 6-12 holes where i'm 3 or 4 under, then I just simply forget how to swing a club. I went yesterday and tried/demo'd an ap2 6 iron on the simulation range. Hit 10 shots all of them went about 50 yards. Figured out I was lifting/scooping. I haven't done that in forever, I don't know why bad habits keep coming back. For about 5 years I swung like Jim Furyk, then didn't play for 4 years, picked it back up and have now grooved a good swing.

What I need is a consistent set up and takeaway, when those work everything else seems to fall in to place...but that is wavering and inconsistent at best.

mazzamout & spyder, thank you...that's exactly right, if you or your group can't do it, then I guess it can't be done. I'm just trying to be honest and some people focus on something that wasn't the point of the post at all. Look at Mike Austin, he hit one 515, when he was 64, with a persimmon club, in a tournament. I can't help it if the non-believers just dropped $400 on a R11 and are using it  on par 3s. I paid $40 for my driver used and it's nasty.

Originally Posted by frustrated

mazzamout & spyder, thank you...that's exactly right, if you or your group can't do it, then I guess it can't be done. I'm just trying to be honest and some people focus on something that wasn't the point of the post at all. Look at Mike Austin, he hit one 515, when he was 64, with a persimmon club, in a tournament. I can't help it if the non-believers just dropped $400 on a R11 and are using it  on par 3s. I paid $40 for my driver used and it's nasty.

Well the thing is that you can also learn from the "internet experience" as well. Don't try to convince the non-believers and let their posts fly over your head. Everyone has a right to believe or not, but it's not right to bash on what others spend or use on the course. I know many low handicappers that do not use a driver or only drive 220.

It's the internet and some people just want to get a rise out of you. Just keep in mind that your feat is definitely not common, so it's easy to see both sides. Stay grounded and keep improving your game buddy.

• Upvote 1

Just ordered a BANG-o-Matic 460 driver, with a 46" Aldila NVS 65 in it, spine/flo specs assembly, x-stiff. Can't wait til it gets here. Going to the range in a bit. Let's see if 2 days off will be enough to hit the factory reset button in my head.

I can't believe there was some, Japanese named shaft...not Fujikora that was $1000 as an option. To anybody who wants to hit it farther I would recommend a BANG golf driver. I usually don't hype up products, but when I demo'd the Mellow Yellow line (you can get them for around $100 new) I was sure it was illegal. 30 yards longer than the brand new Speedlines, Titlelists, TMs. Has anyone out there hit the irons? I would like to know if they are worth anything.

Who cares how far he says he can hit the ball? Let's just lock the thread right now if it's going to turn into THAT kind of thread.

I think what Eric said about how you just whack balls and don't really "work" was key. Focus on that.

Or just go on and on about how far you hit the ball. Whatever.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

lol, it was one line, 3 characters and i regret divulging that info. but yeah i plan on working on quality rather than quanity. i also failed to mention i get a pretty good aerobic work out hitting so fast and keeping two balls in the air at a time

Quote:
i also failed to mention i get a pretty good aerobic work out hitting so fast and keeping two balls in the air at a time

Troll.  No more response is needed in this thread.  This is such a ridiculous statement that there is no way you are legitimately trying to improve.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by johnclayton1982

Troll.  No more response is needed in this thread.  This is such a ridiculous statement that there is no way you are legitimately trying to improve.

LOL. I'm sorry but I have to agree and was actually laughing when I read that this person hits as fast as they can for a workout. Dude, hit the gym and jump on a treadmill for a workout. Do you think Tom Brady throws as many passes as he can in 5 minutes to improve on accuracy and fundamentals? Do you think Michael Jordan shot as many 15 footers as quick as he could to improve on his accuracy and touch? I can also guarantee you that anyone who takes this sport seriously, or actually puts in some type of effort to improve - on any level, does not hit a ball immediately after the other one. This is completely ridiculous and severely lacking in common sense. When I go to the range, a large bucket will take 2 hours to hit (most of the time even longer). I see so many people that show up and set their large bucket down and just start sailing balls like a machine gun. Often times, they're teeing a ball up before they even see where the other ball went. If it's a good shot you should be thinking of what you did and try to duplicate the mechanics. If it's a bad shot, how in the hell is hitting another one immediately after going to improve your shot? You didn't even take 5 seconds think about why the ball went where it went. Sounds like the type of golfer that blames the golf course, uneven lies, weather conditions, etc. etc. etc. rather than the person holding the club.

Not sure why I tried explaining this, but I'm definitely done posting in this thread. This thing should be deleted.

Note: This thread is 4630 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!