IGNORED

2 balls - Par 3 course.

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was off today with my twin 8 year old boys and decided to take them to a local par 3 course down the road from the house. It was going to be a good slow morning so I decided to play 2 balls next to each other for a little unofficial comparison between the two.

I had been playing the Srixon AD333 (AD) pretty much all season until Srixon decided to discontinue them with the introduction of the Q-Star. I really like the AD and it played well for me. When I could no longer get the ball I decided I would give the Bridgestone e6 a try. It found it to be a decent ball and plenty straight, however I never really compared the two back to back. I had noticed my scores were not as well lately with the e6, but I attributed it to my poor game.

The e6 was certainly longer off the tee box and had a much lower, penetrating flight. Easily 10-15 yards longer off the same club than the AD. When it hit the green it continued to roll out more than the AD. A little harder for me to control as I had to guesstimate its roll out when landing. The AD had a rather high, lofty flight that was straight as an arrow and because of that, landed with a thud with little or no roll out. neither spun back off of the short irons although the AD usually stopped at or within a foot of the ball mark.

Wedges. The AD just performed better. Much more confidence in it "checking up" or stopping when I needed it too. The e6 continued to roll on similar shots. I really liked the AD off of the wedges.  When it came to putting, both performed well and I could not tell a difference in the two.

End result. AD333 =  + 3  e6 =   +8

Damn you Srixon for discontinuing the AD333.

Titleist 909D2 Driver,   Adams F11 3 wood,    Adams Pro Gold 3 hybrid,   ,

Mizuno JPX 800 Pros w/ KBS Tour stiff  4 - GW,   Nike VR Pro 54 & 58 Wedges, Nike Method 001 Putter,

Nike 20XI X ball in an Titleist Lightweight stand bag.

You should give the Q-star a shot. It's a great ball for the money, imho. I've been playing them and can tell you that they are long off the tee, not a lot of ball spin with the driver, but you can still get a very decent amount of spin around the green. This past weekend I actually spun back a 7 iron 6 feet. Anyways, for $25 I don't honestly think there is another ball on the market that compares to them.

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

wow u spun back a 7 iron 6 feet with a qstar your my hero hahaha

Whats in the bag

Titleist 910D2 10.5* UST V2 76g s flex, Titleist 906f4 15.5* UST V2 90g s flex, Titleist 909H 19* voodoo s flex, Titleist 710 CB 3-PW, Vokey TVD 54*, Vokey 60.04 spin milled, Cleveland classic 2 35'', PROV1.

I should be your hero Kas...you need a good role model...lol

The War Sticks:

i swear man the stuff u say cracks me up haha

Whats in the bag

Titleist 910D2 10.5* UST V2 76g s flex, Titleist 906f4 15.5* UST V2 90g s flex, Titleist 909H 19* voodoo s flex, Titleist 710 CB 3-PW, Vokey TVD 54*, Vokey 60.04 spin milled, Cleveland classic 2 35'', PROV1.

You mad?

Originally Posted by kas910

i swear man the stuff u say cracks me up haha

The War Sticks:

I think its funny lol

Whats in the bag

Yup...mad

The War Sticks:

Originally Posted by RyderJ

Yup...mad

Mad. Angry. Either way you hit the nail on the head.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I just bought a dozen Q-Stars and played only one round with them so far.  I was playing the e5 but you can't get them in yellow and at my age yellow helps.   But after one round I'd say the Q-star performs just as well for me as the e5 and I can actually see it hit the ground.

Butch

um ok im confused ?

Whats in the bag

Isn't this your normal state of consciousness?

Originally Posted by kas910

um ok im confused ?

The War Sticks:

Note: This thread is 4670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!