IGNORED

Marijuana/alcohol on the course

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Something that really pisses me off is when people harp on the TERRIBLE side effects of smoking marijuana then go out and drink until they pass out... hypocritical? possibly... ignorant? Definitely

Driver: Taylormade R7 425, 9.5°
3-Wood: Taylormade R7 steel, 13.5°, Stiff
Irons: 3-5 Mizuno MP 30, 6-P Mizuno MP 32, Dynamic Gold Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 260.10, Cleveland Gun Metal 900 52
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio StainlessBall: Titleist Pro V1Bag: Mizuno AeroliteSocks: nikeGymb...

Something that really pisses me off is when people harp on the TERRIBLE side effects of smoking marijuana then go out and drink until they pass out... hypocritical? possibly... ignorant? Definitely

I haven't smoked since college so I'm pretty indifferent to this. But I would agree that alcohol is every bit as bad. People say pot is the "gateway drug", but I'd say most people's first tim smoking pot they were drunk. Alcohol is the true gateway drug. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't drink. If you've read my previous posts in this thread you'll know that.

I'm not promoting marijuana or alcoho but I think People should have the freedom to do what they want without being criticized. If our government found a way to tax marijuana as much as tobacco it'd probably be legal!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Alcohol is the true gateway drug. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't drink. If you've read my previous posts in this thread you'll know that. I'm not promoting marijuana or alcoho but I think People should have the freedom to do what they want without being criticized. If our government found a way to tax marijuana as much as tobacco it'd probably be legal!

I agree with you about alcohol being first. Even with everything that happened with my dad, I am not anti-weed. I have not smoked it since 1993. I never had a problem with it, other than not liking how I felt when I was stoned. My dad has problems tha he used alcohol and weed to self medicate. I have freinds and family members who still smoke. In fact, on the golf trip I went on last year I was one of the few who did not do it. The good thing was, the more they smoked, the better I got.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

i think its kinda hard to compare the two. its like talking about the difference between a fire cracker and a bomb.

the negative effects of marijuana are countless and vast. there is no posative IMO because every attribute one can say is a posative aspect can be attained from other sources that A. arent a drug and B. arent illegal. alcohol is pretty much the same. your very correct in them both being drugs and having negative effects. BUT. alcohol can be regulated. and it also is the opposite in the way marijuana is put into effect. weed is like.. the more you smoke, the less you need. alocohol tends to be the opposite.. or just neutral. you cant keep drinking and by the time your 45 you only need one shot to get smashed. marijuana can be traced in your body for years based on spinal taps and hair folical tests etc. most forms of alcohol based on how much you consume is out of your system in 24 hours. so i personally find abusers of Green and alocholics to be two different kinds of people. ive seen people experiment with more drugs after weed seeking a new high. but never have i seen someone experiment with more drugs to experience a new "high" after alcohol.

In the bag:
Driver -Callaway Big Bertha "C4"
Irons -Callaway Big Bertha 06
Putter -Odyssey White Steel
Ball -Top Flite D2 and Callaway Big Bertha

marijuana can be traced in your body for years based on spinal taps

Where in the world did you hear that?

Driver: 907D2 9.5˚
3 Wood: 904F 15˚
Hybrid: 585H 19˚
Irons: 695.CB, 3-PW, S300
Wedges: 588 56˚, chrome Vokey 60˚ chromePutter: Ally

well considering marijuana use is illegal, as well as spinal taps, i wouldnt know for sure. marijuana can be found in practically any part of the body. thc adheres to fatty tissues throughout the entire body.

if your willing to oppose one aspect of a post with 100% relevance and accuracy towards the real world, please be my guest. i just say it like it is. none of this "oh i do it and my brain is perfectly fine" shit. or "ive passed a drug test at cvs when i got hired". thats retarded.

In the bag:

well considering marijuana use is illegal, .

Since you said you're only 18 in an earlier post, so is drinking for you. But you say you do that "a lot". What's the difference. Ok. I don't smoke and I really don't care. I'm just having fun arguing with you now. I'll quit now.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

The gateway drug theory is false, plain and simple. I'm not going to beat around the bush on this one. If someone is going to do cocaine then they are gonna do it weather or not they have any other drug expirence whatsoever. Granted people with addictive personallities may feel that weed just doesn't get it done and then move on to harder substances; however that is hardly the case in people with non addictive personallities.

A personal story. At the end of highschool until my dad was a freshmen in college he dabbled in coke. One night when he and his friend were in a hotel room with an 8 ball his uncle walked in. My great uncle decked my dad and that was his epiphany. He hasn't touched coke or weed since that night.

That right there is my proof that the gateway drug theory is entirely false.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

The gateway drug theory is false, plain and simple. I'm not going to beat around the bush on this one. If someone is going to do cocaine then they are gonna do it weather or not they have any other drug expirence whatsoever. Granted people with addictive personallities may feel that weed just doesn't get it done and then move on to harder substances; however that is hardly the case in people with non addictive personallities.

-a punch to the face doesnt negate the gateway drug theory. -your father doesnt negate the gateway drug thoery. the fact of the matter is that people who start off with weed are more likely to explore seeking a greater high. theres no grey area or punches in the face proving otherwise. ........ and drinking under 21 is, infact, illegal. but your arguing a petty and retarded point. speeding is illegal, i bet you ya do it. its pretty illegal to run a red light. i bet you ya've done it. there are millions of things that are illegal that people bend reality a bit to attain. thats a pointless areguement to bring up.

In the bag:

Its not a pointless argument to bring up and my story is just an ancedote to a much larger issue. The fact that the government releases such propoganda as the gateway drug theory to fight their useless war on marijuana is wrong.

When your trying to debate, especially over the internet, its better to leave slang like "retarded" out of your points. It makes you look quite ignorant.

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

Note: This thread is 6225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!