IGNORED

Left shoulder pain

MiniBlueDragon
Note: This thread is 4565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi folks. About two weeks ago I woke up with a small but niggly pain inside my left should which felt more toward the front of the shoulder than back. The pain was like a trapped nerve or 'knot' in the shoulder so I took a painkiller and ignored it. For a few days it was tight but not unbearable and the pain slowly subsided. During that time I was still able to play golf comfortably with no problems.

On Monday morning I played 27 holes with my father in law which was all good and painless but the following morning I woke with that same pain again. Over the space of the week I continued practicing perfectly fine and swing was unaffected.

On Friday I played a short par 3 9 hole course with my grandfather and the shoulder was fine. Also while playing I was concentrating on positional play rather than distance so at no point was I exerting myself.

Yesterday morning I woke up in excruciating pain with it and spent the day not moving it and keeping it warm. Massage is a no go as it's too painful. Last night I has a really bad night's sleep (and subsequently so did the wife) and it was worse again this morning.

I'll go to the doctors first thing tomorrow to get it checked out but would appreciate some thoughts on what it may be. Doesn't feel golf related as I can move my arms in a golf swing perfectly, it's just lifting it forward or up and out sideways that hurt.

Anyone had something similar? How did you sort it out?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

is the pain located in the one spot? does it radiate down the arm, does it feel like your arm is going numb? If not then i doubt its a nerve issue, though it could be. Most nerve issues cause numbness and tingling sensations. I remember pinching my sciatica one time while camping, i was out for the day, my leg had pain shooting down to my foot even while resting.

If its inside, i would guess maybe rotator cuff, which is not good. If you injured that, its probably a long while of rehab or surgery. My grandpa got that because he used the same arm to help my grandma around, then one day it just went out on him. He had to have surgery on his shoulder.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Saevel, nope no radiating of pain; it's all localised. Physio thought to begin with it was my neck or back causing it but through process of elimination it's definitely shoulder. She's 90% it's either:

- Adhesive Capulitis

- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis

And she's thinking more likely Rotator Cuff Tendonitis based on various factors. If it's Adhesive Capulitis it's a course of steroid injections and a stiff shoulder for anywhere up to two years. If it's Tendonitis painkillers and a simple physio course and exercises should do the trick. She said it's not golf related which is also good!

I did ask whether if I does up with pain meds I can still play golf and she said golf won't affect either of them negatively and in fact the motion could help.

Doctor's tomorrow for codeine methinks!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 4565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!