IGNORED

Mizuno Blades?

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

if you have the ballstriking ability, try out blades, if not, get better then try. don't get a porsche if you can't drive stick ;) unless you're yuppie scum.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by broombroom

The reason why top pros tend to use blades and not game improvement ones is so that they can shape the ball whatever way they want.  They require to hit a wide variety of shot shapes and blades allow them to do this.  They are that good and have that much control over their game to do so. If you give them game improvement ones they wont be able to do it as well. If you give a high handicapper blades he will perform worse than game improvement ones.

A blade also doesn't affect a pro much (in the short irons at least). When you have a dime size wear mark, hitting the sweet spot isn't a big issue.

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

if you have the ballstriking ability, try out blades, if not, get better then try. don't get a porsche if you can't drive stick ;) unless you're yuppie scum.

Nah you should buy an auto porsche just to piss off the purists out there.....

Originally Posted by Domenic

so people play blades for feel then? or for looks?

Most ams play blades because they are stupid.

my 2 cents...they'd be much better served by playing something with more forgiveness.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

my 2 cents...they'd be much better served by playing something with more forgiveness.

That's a little harsh, don't ya think?!? I disagree that most ams are stupid for playing a blade. Over the years and trying out different sets I am beginning to think that "GI" and "forgiveness" has more to do with a marketing strategy than actual performance. Not to say that there isn't anything to the claim of "more forgiveness", I just think that the terms are a bit hyped. Meaning a 90's shooter currently playing a CB or blade will not drop a significant number of strokes because they switched to a GI club. And this coming from a guy that who's last sets included 735cm's, AP1 (older version, '08 I think), and now to a set of Mizuno MP-30's. IMO and just my opinion I think the performance comes from more your style (picker vs. digger) than anything else. That and getting fit with the correct shaft.

Off topic but I see your from the KC area. It's a tradition in my house to serve Jack Stack BBQ for Christmas eve. Best BBQ I ever had, hands down! And sitting here at work I am eying 4 bones of ribs for lunch today. Between Jack Stack and Gates y'all got some seriously good food down there! KC is a very underrated town in my opinion.

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Quote:

so people play blades for feel then? or for looks?

Don't be so judgmental. If a player can play to their index round in and round out without ever being the slow player in the group, who cares what they have in their bag?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Don't be so judgmental. If a player can play to their index round in and round out without ever being the slow player in the group, who cares what they have in their bag?

I agree. I play the mizuno mp 68s i do play to around 8 or 9 though on a consistent basis and I know for a fact that people are like wtf is he doing with those. But I dont care because I love them and play much better with them than my old Taylormade LT 2s.And there is tonnes of potential still to get out of them.  The reason why I changed to them is because I wanted more feel out of my clubs and distance control.  In my old ones You just had to hit really either a full shot or just ease off and hope that you guessed right. But with my new clubs I can feel every yard and have much better distance control.  I also like to shape shots as well.  Obviously they are less forgiving so on off days its tough but because of that my ball striking has actually improved I've gotten better to adapt to the lower forgiveness.  I get more feedback on off shots so can quickly look for where I went wrong.  On my other clubs I wouldnt have much of an idea until the problem had gotten a bit more extreme.

The thing is just because someone is decent doesnt mean they should automatically jump to blades.  Blades are for people that want to have a lot of shot shaping ability and feedback wheres someone that always wants to always hit straight shots would be better off with cavitys.

how 'bout them MP 53's, a forgiving MP iron. I made a thread about it, but now its crap, so anyone have any experience with those?

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

I just had a range session with my new xmas Mp-59's with KBS tour stiff shafts and golfpride multi compounds and OH MY LORD.  I have never hit like that.  Also, the first irons Ive had fit.  4 wraps under the grips, .75" long and bent 2 degrees up.  Out of 250 balls I maybe had 20 mishits.  thats not something I ever expected.  I hope this isn't placebo and it carries to the course.  Its amazing how long I played mp-33's out of my skill level.  my distances are so different now I am like 15-20 longer on most clubs.  Its going to take a bunch of rounds to get dialed in again.

Do you think my wife's christmas cake would cook better for 20mins on gas mark 4 or 30mins on gas mark 3?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Do you think my wife's christmas cake would cook better for 20mins on gas mark 4 or 30mins on gas mark 3?

Hard to say. Is that a Cake Improvement Oven or a Super Cake Improvement Oven?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Hard to say. Is that a Cake Improvement Oven or a Super Cake Improvement Oven?

I never thought about that. At the moment she uses a 'regular' gas oven. Maybe she'd be good enough for a Baker's Oven. Do you think she could cook with a Baker's Oven rather than a regular one?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Mark 3

I am assumimg she's good looking.

I'm assuming she's in reasonable health.

How many bedrooms are in your house?

I would say that as long as your car is blue or silver that would be right.

How many kids?

Maybe mark 4 if one of them is a girl. Wait...if she's a twin it's.....

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by 1par2win

That's a little harsh, don't ya think?!

Off topic but I see your from the KC area. It's a tradition in my house to serve Jack Stack BBQ for Christmas eve. Best BBQ I ever had, hands down! And sitting here at work I am eying 4 bones of ribs for lunch today. Between Jack Stack and Gates y'all got some seriously good food down there! KC is a very underrated town in my opinion.

Yep...pretty harsh, but necessary.  My 2 cents.....forged is good, but choose a model with forgiveness. Blades are the wrong choice for 99% of golfers.  I'm a 1-2HC and wont play blades........

PS..LOL

Yea........I ate some.   (Jack Stack and Gates)

What's in Paul's Bag:

I don't care if someone else plays blades.  Failure of someone else reaching their potential isn't something I lose sleep over....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

alright, mock the question *thinking to myself* 'turn the other cheek, resist the f word'...........progress

I guess it's best to learn that on the internet as in life, don't take what is said personally. When you find yourself striking back, ask yourself is it their issue or my ego?

Let it go.

As to blades, I keep a MacGregor 7i blade to hit on the range. I find it's a heckuva lot easier to hit a blade at the range than on the course. With your handicap (26) and beginning to learn the game and life, I'd probably opt for some game improvement irons that still look good to you. And find a 7i blade to have fun on the range -- try ebay -- there once used to be a lot of MacGregor Blades and MBs out there from 3 years ago when they gave out a bunch of samples to guys on forums. The next year they went under and were purchased by Golfsmith. But the clubs were great - they just could not capture the market.

Of course, if you must get a blade or MB, here are some with what appears to be Nippon Shafts regular flex (expensive) in a MacGregor Pro C. For $160 and shipping. That should leave you money to buy a GI set.  I just did a search - no relation to this set and I take no responsibility. If interested, ask the guy which Nippon - 1150 is higher kick and 1050 is mid-kick. I love the 1150 in regular flex, but that's me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MACGREGOR-MT-PRO-C-IRONS-SET-9880-/360422357620?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item53ead8ba74#ht_500wt_1156

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The question is mocked because it's purely subjective; nobody knows how you will or won't be able to hit x brand of clubs. The question is akin to:

- I've never baked a cake before. Will it go ok?

- If I go away to Spain on 13th July, will it rain?

- On Saturday, will I be able to get round the course in 3 hrs 30 mins to be back in time for a tv program?

- My friend's car breaks down a lot. We have a game booked for Saturday so will his car make it there without breaking down?

None of them can be answered as there's simply no way to know the answer. Sure people can come up with reasons why they think things will/won't happen but ultimately there's no way to know for sure.

You might try the blades, hit 'em like a child waving a rattle and stick to cavities. Likewise you might find that you hit them far better than your cavities. The only way to know is to try them, not ask random people on the internet for opinions that have no bearing on the actual result.

SWING DNA

Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!