IGNORED

Who plays a "water ball"?

MGP
Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Water ball? How about a woods ball or an OB ball, or a cart path ball? Play your best always.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I usually play whatever ball I have in my pocket. I only carry the one I am playing with at the time. If I hit it in the water, I dig another one out of my bag and curse my luck and go up to the drop area. I have noticed that if I happen to be playing with an old, scuffed ball that I am using in a practice round, they are hydrophobic and emit a beeping noise whenever they are lost in the rough. However, if you dig out a brand new Pro-V1, be sure and kiss it goodbye, because it is going to make a break for it at the first opportunity.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Unless your ball needs to be taken out of play, switching balls because there's water between you and the hole is against the rules. Not only that but it's just bad psychology - you're basically saying to yourself that you're going to hit it in the water...

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

it's just bad psychology - you're basically saying to yourself that you're going to hit it in the water...

Spot on seattlemudder! Which is probably the main reason you'll have a water ball to start with....it then becomes a vicious circle! Golf's 90% between the ears remember

Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...
I only pay $25/dozen for the balls I play, so no - I don't bother with a 'water ball'. I'm not sure I like the logic of it. It seems to allow negative swing thoughts to creep into your mind at the absolute worst time.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

Whats a water ball?

ctdrum1

Mini-Golfer Status: Offline Posts: 3 Join Date: May 2007 Handicap Index: 99 Location: New Haven, CT Rep Power: 0 If your index is 99, you've never had a ball long enough to find out. And you never will.

I'm so new to the game that I expect to lose a few per round. Therefore they are all water balls in my book.
That's why I use Nike Juice balls. Less than $20.00 per dozen. I don't mind losing them at that price.

Mike

I never hit a water ball. Just pointless. Usually, on most courses, only a bad shot brings the water into play. Thats just my experience.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Note: This thread is 6192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!