Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k-troop

TM Penta ball promotion ending?

4 posts in this topic

Went to Roger Dunn yesterday to pick up a few dozen Taylor Made Pentas; dude at the counter told me the 3-for-2 promotion ended 1 Jan.  So I got home, checked out TGW, and sure enough they still had them on promotion--so I bought 6 dozen.

I guess the promotion might be ending soon, or maybe they'll just suspend it for the release of the new Penta.

I know TM is releasing the new Penta soon, so the current version will likely to discounted again at some point until they're completely sold out.  However, if you're like me and think the current Penta is the best ball you've ever played, then you might want to stock up now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good idea, this is the new Penta http://thesandtrap.com/t/54764/new-taylormade-tp5-golf-balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

Went to Roger Dunn yesterday to pick up a few dozen Taylor Made Pentas; dude at the counter told me the 3-for-2 promotion ended 1 Jan.  So I got home, checked out TGW, and sure enough they still had them on promotion--so I bought 6 dozen.

I guess the promotion might be ending soon, or maybe they'll just suspend it for the release of the new Penta.

I know TM is releasing the new Penta soon, so the current version will likely to discounted again at some point until they're completely sold out.  However, if you're like me and think the current Penta is the best ball you've ever played, then you might want to stock up now.

Thanks for the tip.  The Penta has been my go-to ball since they discontinued the TP Red.  I've played probably every ball ever made in the last 10 years and Taylormade makes the best balls hands down IMO.  They just seem to flight nicer than other balls.  Graphics are classy too.

I just played it for the first time.  They check up really nice.  I chipped like a pro.  Two short hops and a skip.

I dont have a bad thing ot say.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • One. July of 2015 had it in front of my wife (and 7 strangers) the one and only time she's ever watched me play. Long story short I was supposed to play with a friend he cancel and I ended up with an ace. I was a foot short of another one on the same hole last year.  It's definitely luck but so are most of my good shots.
    • As someone said, the golfers who can hit it longer than everybody else will always have an advantage. Just like tall guys in basketball and fast guys in the 100 meter dash! Let's face it, pros and better amateurs have always been longer than the herd. And the public will always love the big bombers. Why do you think John Daly got so popular? And, If you want to hit a PW 150 yards, just get your clubhead speed to about 110 MPH and you can do that. If you can't, well I guess that just sucks for you! But Blackjack Don's and Natureboy's last comment are still valid. We now routinely see courses on Tour that are 7,400, 7,500 yards long. And isn't there that otherwordly looking course in French Lick, Indiana that is 8,000 yards from the tips? Heck, I have a 7,500+ yard course right here in my back yard not a 15 minute drive away. And just last Spring I read a "Letter to the Editor" in the local paper where some environmentalist nutlog referred to the local Metroparks course (36 holes of Donald Ross design) as a toxic waste dump, and a waste of water!
    • I don't have much to add to the conversation, I just wanted to say I don't like this guy at all. I think his comments crossed way over the line. I think he has always been a cry baby like during his whole process of switching to side saddle. I feel its been a huge distraction towards his game. It might have made him more popular or given him more sponsor opportunities because everyone kept talking about him. For 2017 I feel his game is on the decline. I don't see it coming back up this year.
    • It's tough to say it is just one thing. I will put it is as a this, optimizing spin rate to launch angle.  Peak height. Those who swing slower struggle to keep the ball in the air long enough to get optimal distances on their irons.   
    • I've been revisiting this endless belt concept and imho it does seem flawed. If I just imagined I was an adjustable camera that could continue pointing normal to the changing swing plane (ie. formed by the front of the left forearm and clubshaft - left arm flying wedge) from the top of the backswing to impact, the real hand path would look different to these 'face on' views. 1. From the top of the backswing to maybe end of the early downswing (left arm horizontal to the ground, right arm/wrist still still retaining  its angles) , the radius of the hand arc would probably be the distance from the hands to the sternum notch. 2. From the end of the early downswing to impact - the right arm would have progressively extended somewhat. Therefore that 'camera'  would see a hand arc path whose radius (if we used the sternum notch as the centre of the swing) is getting progressively longer.  So if I was that camera , I would see a tighter hand arc radius in the early swing but getting longer into impact which is the complete opposite of what we are seeing from a face-on view (an optical illusion?). Have I got this correct or completely wrong? So is all this theory about 'Aiming Point' flawed from both a geometric and physics perspective?  Maybe just learning to sequence the passive unhinging  of one's wrists for various types of strokes makes more sense than concentrating on an  'Aiming Point'.      
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dragondrake
      Dragondrake
      (57 years old)
    2. Mistabigevil
      Mistabigevil
      (36 years old)
    3. Taylor56
      Taylor56
      (61 years old)