IGNORED

What golf ball

Note: This thread is 4561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok guys here is what i need help on. I play on a travel league that plays very tough courses with great greens. Im looking for a ball with pro v spin but helps with control. My swing speed is greater than 95 and a have a natural high fade. I want something durable that wont break the bank. Any suguestions would be great thanks.

I'm not a ball expert but have you ever tried having a ball fitting?  Can be done at places like Golf Galaxy for very little money and will give you performance numbers rather than personal preference.

Just a suggestion...

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You won't be able to find any ball with ProV1 spin that won't cost you some money unless you find them on sale.  I have seen, for example, that you can get Callaway Tour i(s) or i(z) on ebay for a good price.  I saw 2 doz. for $50 with free shipping.  They have a firmer feel than ProV1's though due to their thermoset urethane covers, but they still have plenty of spin.

If you're looking for lower driver spin to help reduce the fade/slice, you'll want to lean towards the "x" versions of balls. i.e. ProV1x, Z Star XV, Tour i(z)

Hope this helps.

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

The Taylor Made Penta and Bridgestone B330 series always seem to get great reviews and are frequently on sale/clearance. I personally am a big fan of the Srixon Z-Star XV. Long and straight but still get enough spin and feel around the greens. But its typically priced similar to the Pro v1.

As said though, what works for some might not work for you. A personal ball fitter would be your best bet. But once you choose on one, consider buying top quality used from sites like lostgolfballs.com.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

You could always try the ProV1 practice balls.  They sell for about $30/dzn.  These are brand new "virgin" balls that just have some type of cosmetic "flaw".  Rest assured though, there's nothing that affects performance.  Per Titleist's website:

A: Our present policy provides that if the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect, a practice or logo ball may be used provided the other markings on the ball (i.e., pole and seam) correspond exactly to a ball listing on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls. Balls labeled with ''PRACTICE'' or a circled ''P'', are essentially treated as a logo ball (such as a Mickey Mouse emblem). A player's name stamped on the ball is also acceptable. However, the original ball markings (i.e., pole and seam markings) must be readable in order for a Rules Official to determine whether that ball is on the List of Conforming Golf Balls. X-Out balls are not permitted to be used in any competition in which the List of Conforming Golf Balls or the One Ball Condition is in effect. However, if neither of these Conditions are in effect, X-Out balls may be used because all balls are presumed to conform unless they have been tested and found not to conform or are obviously non-conforming (e.g., too small or too heavy). (See Decisions 5-1/4 and US/5-1/101).

As a result of the potential for an X-Out to be non-conforming if tested, we do not recommend using this model during tournament play.

The only problem I see with buying these balls is that it usually comes mixed with half the box being ProV1 and the other half with ProV1x.  So, it may not be a big concern in the beginning (since you'll have an opportunity to compare the two balls side by side).  However, once you develop a preference, then it's going to be harder to buy them because of this preset mixture.  I continue to buy them because I have a couple of buds that work at my local golf store and they allow me to switch out the ProV1x balls for my preferred ProV1 balls.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Note: This thread is 4561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!