IGNORED

Rocketballz :(

Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Who's copying what now?

Miss named..... Velocity slot. An error uninteded to rob the antique woods of their state of the art technology.. Lol

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Who's copying what now?

That thing doesn't look anything like the Taylormade or Adams, so I'm not seeing your point.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

My Rocketballz factor is negative 28 yards!

Tried out the Rocketballz driver.  Meh.  258 carry, 270 total  The only shaft they had was the stock S model.  Like the testers, the first shot I hit was a low fade.  Then I switched to an X flex Ping i20 (along with hitting my stock high draw ), and jumped to 274 carry, 298 total.  See marketing majors?  I can play that game too.

Reality is, the launch and spin numbers are all that matters here.  10 shot average with the 9 degree RocketBallz (Stock S-flex shaft) was:

18.8 launch 3100 RPM spin

10 shot average with 9 degree Ping i20 (Aldila RIP X-flex shaft):

16.1 launch 2200 RPM spin

Gimmickery.  The shaft is longer for one.  It's a complete lie, these videos Taylormade is putting out, with the tour players gaining like 20+ yards.  They did not suddenly figure out how to give tour players 20+ yards over their currently highly optimized equipment.  You can lie and choose the wrong shaft, loft, shot shape, or whatever, but you're comparing apples to oranges.  It's a little sad to see the Taylormade tour players like Sean O'Hair, Dustin Johnson, and Sergio Garcia cave into it.   I hope they at least put up a fight because that lacks some serious integrity.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

Tried out the Rocketballz driver.  Meh.  258 carry, 270 total  The only shaft they had was the stock S model.  Like the testers, the first shot I hit was a low fade.  Then I switched to an X flex Ping i20 (along with hitting my stock high draw), and jumped to 274 carry, 298 total.  See marketing majors?  I can play that game too.

Reality is, the launch and spin numbers are all that matters here.  10 shot average with the 9 degree RocketBallz (Stock S-flex shaft) was:

Gimmickery.  The shaft is longer for one.  It's a complete lie, these videos Taylormade is putting out, with the tour players gaining like 20+ yards.  They did not suddenly figure out how to give tour players 20+ yards over their currently highly optimized equipment.  You can lie and choose the wrong shaft, loft, shot shape, or whatever, but you're comparing apples to oranges.  It's a little sad to see the Taylormade tour players like Sean O'Hair, Dustin Johnson, and Sergio Garcia cave into it.   I hope they at least put up a fight because that lacks some serious integrity.

So what you are saying is that you didn't have the proper shaft in the RBZ...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I purchased the RBZ 10.5 Tour last week and I already love it. Here in CT, I was fortunate enough to go out today and play a few holes and I can definitely see the differences in my drives. Can't wait to play some rounds with it.

- Moose

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

So what you are saying is that you didn't have the proper shaft in the RBZ...

That, and shot shape.  I couldn't switch out shafts, but dollars to doughnuts if I did I wouldn't suddenly be hitting it 325 like these guys gaining 25 yards or more on the youtube channel.

I'm also saying that tour players' equipment is highly optimized already.  These videos where the tester has them hit "their" club and then compares it to the Rocketballz club imply that a highly optimized Rocketballz whatever hits it 20 yards further than a highly optimized Burner or R11.  Tour players have gained around 20 yards on average in the last two decades.  Yet we are asked to believe that somehow they invented a conforming club that doubles that in one swing?

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

That, and shot shape.  I couldn't switch out shafts, but dollars to doughnuts if I did I wouldn't suddenly be hitting it 325 like these guys gaining 25 yards or more on the youtube channel.

I'm also saying that tour players' equipment is highly optimized already.  These videos where the tester has them hit "their" club and then compares it to the Rocketballz club imply that a highly optimized Rocketballz whatever hits it 20 yards further than a highly optimized Burner or R11.  Tour players have gained around 20 yards on average in the last two decades.  Yet we are asked to believe that somehow they invented a conforming club that doubles that in one swing?

Here's another question. How is the RBZ making sugh a huge difference but the R11s isn't nearly has hyped? does the top of the line R11s not perform as well as the RBZ?

My Bag: Nike Vapor X
Driver: Diablo Octane Tour Project 7.0  X-Stiff
Woods: Callaway RAZR 3 wood Adilla NVS 65 g X-Stiff
Hybrids: Taylor Made Burner Superlaunch 3-18*, 4-21*, UST Mamiya Proforce V2 75
Irons: Maltby TE Forged 5-PW TrueTemper X-300
Wedges: Maltby Tricept 52*/6, 56*/10; 60*/6 TrueTemper S-400
Putter: Yes! Emma 37" Belly Putter 
Ball: NXT Tour

I think the RBZ is marketed for a larger market by pricing it at $299 instead of an improvement to the R11 that costs $399 or $499 for the 'tour' model or whatever. I think TM has said that they couldn't really make major improvements to the R11, so they developed the RBZ. Even though it is a "new" club they certainly couldn't price the RBZ at or above the R11 price level. It will be a BIG seller based on price alone, but might cut into their own R11 sales.

Tried out the Rocketballz driver.  Meh.  258 carry, 270 total  The only shaft they had was the stock S model.  Like the testers, the first shot I hit was a low fade.  Then I switched to an X flex Ping i20 (along with hitting my stock high draw), and jumped to 274 carry, 298 total.  See marketing majors?  I can play that game too.

The driver is only projected as being 5 yards further than any other Taylormade driver. The RBZ FAIRWAY is the one that has a hot face and I can assure you it does. The FAIRWAY guarantees 17+ yds over any other 3 wood. Not the driver.

Originally Posted by RayG

I think the RBZ is marketed for a larger market by pricing it at $299 instead of an improvement to the R11 that costs $399 or $499 for the 'tour' model or whatever. I think TM has said that they couldn't really make major improvements to the R11, so they developed the RBZ. Even though it is a "new" club they certainly couldn't price the RBZ at or above the R11 price level. It will be a BIG seller based on price alone, but might cut into their own R11 sales.

The RBZ driver doesn't really many changes from the superfast 2.0 The R11s actually has made some pretty big improvements. One is the technology on the crown where they were able to make it lighter by giving it a thick thin pattern. The head is the full 460 cc as opposed to last years 440 cc and the extra size has helped deliver more forgiveness as well as a cg that's further back and lower. The head is much more aerodynamic and the movable weights for MWT have been shifted closer to the face to help give it even more distance. And then of course the enhanced adjustability of a +or- 1.5 degrees up or down in loft and the additional 2 setting on the sole plate for the face angle.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just got a rocketballz driver, trying to get away from my 4 year old R7 Draw, never can.

My handicap is about an 88, Im not great and im not the worst out there.

I was weary about a 40g shaft. Rightfully so. It feels like a childrens toy. And about OP saying the face was dead? Uh Yea, zero life in the face of that driver.

I would hit 10 shots with it, then switch to my R7 and destroy the ball. I tried every setting that goofy tool offered and no options make this a great driver.

I MIGHT like this driver more with the Tour shaft, cause its the same weight as my R7 55g, but even that wouldn't change the dead face. I give it a 4/10 and believe me, I spent

the $300 I want to give it a 10, its simply not there.

DRIVER: R7 460 Draw - 10.5* R Flex 55g
WOODS Taylormade R11 15* , Big Bertha 4w
HYBRID Taylormade Burner Rescue 19*, Taylormade R11 5 Hybrid
IRONS Mizuno Mx-200 4-GW WEDGES CG14 56* PUTTER Sabertooth 34"

If driver and ball manufacturers weren't lying their asses off we'd all be hitting 600 yard drives.   For the last 30 years every driver that has come out has been "10 yards longer" followed by a slew of the "longest balls".

There is some truth to the slot technology though because it adds a ton of spring.   Sadly, that won't be coming to drivers anytime soon.

I'm amazed we even have to swing the club at all anymore! :)

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Originally Posted by mrserv0n18

Just got a rocketballz driver, trying to get away from my 4 year old R7 Draw, never can.

My handicap is about an 88, Im not great and im not the worst out there.

I was weary about a 40g shaft. Rightfully so. It feels like a childrens toy. And about OP saying the face was dead? Uh Yea, zero life in the face of that driver.

I would hit 10 shots with it, then switch to my R7 and destroy the ball. I tried every setting that goofy tool offered and no options make this a great driver.

I MIGHT like this driver more with the Tour shaft, cause its the same weight as my R7 55g, but even that wouldn't change the dead face. I give it a 4/10 and believe me, I spent

the $300 I want to give it a 10, its simply not there.

Why would you drop the cash on a club before finding out if it will work for you?

I've said this here before ,

I dislike TaylorMade,

I really dislike white headed clubs,

I even dislike the sound of the clubface of the RBZ driver BUT

The RBZ is the longest , straightest, and easiest driver I have ever hit, thus I bagged one. I'm not one to argue with results.

That being said, everyone of our 14 clubs are a very personal decision from my 10 year old Callaway fairways to my brand new driver and irons, right down to my 20 year old putter and 64 degree wedge. You have got to figure out what works for you!

David

I went to buy a shirt, for a whim tried a Rocketballz 6-iron at Dick's and nutted shots carried 217 vs 201 for the R11 irons.  The R11 was +1 length, the RBZ was +1/2.  Thought the monitor was juiced but driver only went 285.  Swing felt normal, if not a little tight.  Regardless, the RBZ 6-iron went further.  Not sure what the loft difference is between the two, but it would have to be at least 4 degrees to create that much of a difference.

[ Equipment ]

So I finally got a chance to hit both the R11s and the RBZ 3w.   The driver really didn't impress me, my numbers were virtually the same and I found the sound to be amazingly irritating.

The 3w however is an absolutely CANNON.   I was hitting the thing 250 yards.   That's a full 20 yards longer than my Ping 3w which I absolutely love.   Unless I start using it as a driver I don't have a lot of need for a 3w that long.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

For some reason most monitors I've encountered anywhere add about 10-15 yards to the carry for irons depending on how fast you swing, but drivers and fairways will be pretty accurate in terms of distance. I can hit a 6 iron about 185 if I'm fired up but it's usually in the 175-180 range. On the launch monitor at work I hit a 6 iron about 190-195 and I have gotten it up to 200 carry before. What type of launch monitor was at this particular store?

Originally Posted by gordo865

For some reason most monitors I've encountered anywhere add about 10-15 yards to the carry for irons depending on how fast you swing, but drivers and fairways will be pretty accurate in terms of distance. I can hit a 6 iron about 185 if I'm fired up but it's usually in the 175-180 range. On the launch monitor at work I hit a 6 iron about 190-195 and I have gotten it up to 200 carry before. What type of launch monitor was at this particular store?

Probably radar based.  I think there were some overhead components involved and an overhead projector.  I can't say whether it was accurate or not on the distance.  It was definitely not accurate on the shot shape.  It had me hitting high baby-fades for my standard shot.  Should be high baby-draw.  I tried a few low snap hooks for grins and it said they were low push-fades.  Absolutely no doubt about the fact that I hooked it.  That swing (shut face, shut stance, low arms, roll through impact) would have sent the ball 50 yards left easy.  It had the ball speed correct for both clubs, but I bet it was guessing at the spin numbers.  I think it had them too low, which would explain the extra distance with the irons and the reasonable numbers with the driver.  The landing angle was ridiculously flat on the 6-iron.  It claimed 10 yards of roll.  217 carry, 227 total.  If my 6-iron rolled out 10 yards, I'd either give up the game or start playing ladies clubs.

[ Equipment ]

Note: This thread is 4393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!